NEWS PING Introduces Heppler Putters

I am undecided. It remains confusing to me how some companies (including PING, IIRC) claim the grooves are helpful in putter speed/distance control on off center strikes, but now we see a release with no grooves.
In this case it appears to be a feedback change. No grooves means more surface area will impact the ball and that will lead to a sharper sound/feel. It also sounds like they believe they’ve accomplished much of what they face does through the weighting change/design.

They’re an odd release to me, not that they’re multi material, but rather just the naming and such. I just can’t wrap my head around them for some reason.

I am undecided. It remains confusing to me how some companies (including PING, IIRC) claim the grooves are helpful in putter speed/distance control on off center strikes, but now we see a release with no grooves.

I agree. Wonder where the grooves went? I think I need grooves. Need to be groovy... :confused:

Have to see and feel these in the flash but the look doesn’t turn me off. Lots of options in the putter market....too many!

It's a nice tribute to a late employee.
I get that part of it, and I meant no disrespect, but to the normal consumer, I don't think it will mean anything when they just hear it, without being told the explanation and details.

I dumped both a Stroke Lab and a Sigma 2 Fetch this past season as the face was too soft and the shaft feel too for distance control. Sounds like Ping is working to reverse that for us who prefer a firmer feel. I since moved on (back to) a Scotty and am a happy camper. Otherwise the Tyne or another Fetch (if they do later put in a slight arc model) might be tempting.

Really like the colors of these. Like a lot.

I hate them, and like them somehow at the same time. I definitely need to see them in hand.

Well...the more I look at in hand pictures of them the better they look. Few models there I'd love to try out.

I love the look of that Tomcat.
It's shape is almost identical to my 2011 Ghost Spider, but love this color even better.

I really like the colors as well. I just wish they would make a center shafted Tyne. Will definitely give it a roll, but the neck style on the Tyne 3 isnt my fav.

The part that I am actually most interested in this new line is how they have fixed the adjustable shaft. I originally ordered a Sigma 2 Tyne 4 and returned it almost immediately upon feeling the flex and wobble in the shaft.

I am a big proponent of the Ping putters. I had the Ping Sigma 2 fetch and loved everything about it.

With these Heppler putters, bringing some of the great head shapes especially the fetch is very nice. I also think the adjustable grip to make sure you have the exact proper length is great.

I only have two issues. I see this putter has a solid copper or aluminum face. I thought the dual insert used in the Ping Sigma 2 was a very good insert, so wish that was incorporated here. I understand the need to have a solid face for those that prefer non insert putters. My other issue is the color scheme. Just not a fan of the gold and black look. I should be a fan with my love of Purdue, but it just doesn’t look appealing to me.

Overall, Ping makes a great putter and I bet these will be big hits this year.

This is really the first Ping putter release that's caught my eye in quite awhile. For some reason not having face milling seems like the most Ping move ever. It actually really interests me.

I somewhat feel like I'm supposed to have the Tomcat 14 as it's well, my name. :sneaky:

Airport runway lights inspired the alignment dots in the highest-MOI model in the Heppler family. The dots get closer together front to back to simulate motion, help with eye tracking, and frame the ball.

I could be wrong, but if they're wanting to simulate movement towards the ball, the dots should be further apart near the back of the mallet, right? Extreme minor detail, just looked a little off.

i guess i should reserve judgment until seeing them in person. but these are not doing it for me.

The flat face makes me want to try these even more

Happy to see the slimmed down the head weight on the Tyne. 370g was a bit much. Very interested to see this new tyne in person.

Flow.
Neck.
Mallet.
Floki_HEro_600x.jpg

Not the best shape in the world, but I might be able to get over that (and the dopey name ?) for the flowneck ?

This is what i hoped for the Tyne!
Same. Hopefully some other makes follow suit and drive some different shapes. Competition is a good thing ?

Flow.
Neck.
Mallet.
Floki_HEro_600x.jpg

Not the best shape in the world, but I might be able to get over that (and the dopey name ) for the flowneck

What’s the name of this shape?

When I see this putter, I think Batman or Bane would game it.

Back