Ping k15 Fairway Woods

TMSHACKS

Bridgestone Staffer
Reaction score
Got a Ping k 15 3 wood to demo for the weekend and pretty excited to try it out. I will be hitting the range with it and also taking it out with me when I play my first round of the year this weekend.

Anyone hit this club and what do they think. If I dont like this club will be getting the TM Superfast. Pretty interested and excited to see what happens

Last edited:
Was just hitting this club at golfsmith. Didn't have the launch monitor set up, but this thing felt like butter. It also seemed big for a fairway wood and has a shallow face. Could just be an optical illusion though since the head is pretty big. I really liked what I felt and heard though. Good luck with it.

I did not care for this one much. The shaft left me baffled a little bit, but I think in the right hands and swing it could be good. There are a number of threads on the K15 driver and irons/hybrids, but the FW Wood not so much.

I did not care for this one much. The shaft left me baffled a little bit, but I think in the right hands and swing it could be good. There are a number of threads on the K15 driver and irons/hybrids, but the FW Wood not so much.

went ahead and changed the title since you said no many threads cover k15 FW's

I hit this in the fall and wasn't a fan of it. Really big profile and large face, felt like a mini-driver

I'm very interested to try this one too as I am currently looking to fill that spot in my bag and I do like the K15 driver alot (just not sure if I like it more than my G15)

I bought one late last season and loved it. I only played with it for a few weeks, maybe a dozen rounds before our season ended. It is super straight but can be worked in either direction with little effort. The head is a little large to look at but the face is fairly thin which makes it easy to hit off the fairway from tight lies. The ball flight is fairly high for me with the club with a normal swing but it can be knocked down a little if needed. I replaced a G15 with this wood and it is as long if not longer for me. While it is easy for me from the fairway, it is a great wood off the tee as well. I had to adjust tee height a little (down) over what I was use to with the G15 but not much.
Great wood and I look forward to having for a full season.

I bought one late last season and loved it. I only played with it for a few weeks, maybe a dozen rounds before our season ended. It is super straight but can be worked in either direction with little effort. The head is a little large to look at but the face is fairly thin which makes it easy to hit off the fairway from tight lies. The ball flight is fairly high for me with the club with a normal swing but it can be knocked down a little if needed. I replaced a G15 with this wood and it is as long if not longer for me. While it is easy for me from the fairway, it is a great wood off the tee as well. I had to adjust tee height a little (down) over what I was use to with the G15 but not much.
Great wood and I look forward to having for a full season.

If you don't mind me asking... Do you know what your swing speed is? As the only drawback I have heard about the K15 line is that for people with higher swing speeds the ball can balloon or hook with more frequency. Thoughts? Have you dealt with either of these?

I demoed the driver and didn't find that was the case - but i didn't really like the stock shaft so I wasn't really going after it. Then I read some reviews and questioned if the reason I wasn't seeing the ballooning was because I wasn't cutting it loose...

Swingspeed wont lead to a hook, your swing will lead to a hook. Its setup is closed though if I remember correctly.
If you don't mind me asking... Do you know what your swing speed is? As the only drawback I have heard about the K15 line is that for people with higher swing speeds the ball can balloon or hook with more frequency. Thoughts? Have you dealt with either of these?

I have a K15 3 wood with a RIP red eye shaft. Couldn't get comfortable with it and yesterday I replaced it with a 15.5 degree mashie.

My swing speed is in the mid 90's. You need to get fit for any club. Having the right shaft is important. With everything correct, ballooning and hooking is not a issue

hit the k15 terrible off the tee today ... 6 good ones and 4 bad... then played my 3rd set of 9 holes hitting it off the dirt from the tee boxes... 5 good ones, 1 bad one. Its clear when I swing correctly, it goes and is beautiful. clearly the user and not the instrument. Im keepin it because i get it from a buddy for 40 bucks. Worth it considering i have no 3wd in my bag

Back