Ping S55 Irons Preview

I would take that club out for a nice dinner. Very good looking.

They look quite cool. Nice and clean lines.

I am really impressed with the look of these. Cant wait to put some swings in with these and see how they feel.

I love the looks of those! Stunning!

If I hadn't just gotten my dream set of irons, I would be all over these, but I'm just going to stay far, far away from the irons market until I outgrow the regular flex shafts in these.

I definitely like the look of these, very clean and simple.

Angel Cabrera's caddie posted a pic of El Pato's new irons:

BSIx19DIIAADr3M.jpg:large

geez these look nice. Hopefully ping won't price it at $1400+...i'm looking at you anser iron set.

I'm guessing since its cast and not forged your looking at 700-800 a set with steel shafts.

its been said there $999 and upcharge for all shafts apart from the CFS

hoping the stock shaft isn't the cfs. i'd love it if it was the px line.

I actually like the CFS shafts in my i20's. I had broke my 8i shaft due to tomahawking it across the fairway and had it replaced with a DG S300 shaft and it felt horrible compaired to the CFS shaft came stock. I think PING does a good job matching the shaft up to their heads.

I actually like the CFS shafts in my i20's. I had broke my 8i shaft due to tomahawking it across the fairway and had it replaced with a DG S300 shaft and it felt horrible compaired to the CFS shaft came stock. I think PING does a good job matching the shaft up to their heads.

I completely agree. I'm being selfish. I hit the px line very well and the cfs not so much haha

its been said there $999 and upcharge for all shafts apart from the CFS

That's what I've heard. $999 out the gate and $10-20 per club for custom shafts.

Scott Langley's custom Illini paint fill...
BSMa9-3IYAAtHOK.jpg:large

Someone said stock shaft is the CFS line.........

Anyways. The S line is awesome. I want the game to game these just based on that fact alone.

These look mighty sexy. I love the looks and the CFS is a solid shaft. Feels like a KBS 90, flies a touch lower than a KBS Tour, and spins as much or a tad more than the KBS Tour. If the forgiveness is truly better than the S56 for the size of "blade" that these are then they will be pretty darned amazing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

I've been thinking about gapping in my current setup... That it would be nice if Ping offered a U-wedge for this new S offering, similar to the i20 lineup, around 50°.

These look mighty sexy. I love the looks and the CFS is a solid shaft. Feels like a KBS 90, flies a touch lower than a KBS Tour, and spins as much or a tad more than the KBS Tour. If the forgiveness is truly better than the S56 for the size of "blade" that these are then they will be pretty darned amazing.

About 8 months ago Colt I would just wait for the day for you to have these. Your lack of Ping homerness saddens me now :disapointed:

About 8 months ago Colt I would just wait for the day for you to have these. Your lack of Ping homerness saddens me now :disapointed:

Well, by the time they are out it'll be averaging about 20* where I'm at now...

I like them... But I'm not good enough to play them.

Back