Ping S55 Irons Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Ping is launching a new iron this week at the Barclays tournament.

BSBzpovCAAIi-YV.jpg

Much cleaner look than previous S series irons. Any technical specs yet JB?

Almost too plain for me. I want a little color

I like the looks of these.

• Admin
Not as of yet. All the details I got was that they went to a thinner face from the S56 to deliver more ball speed and that they added Tungsten to the toe area of the club head. By doing so, the balance point is being manipulated to be in the center of the club head. They will also have stronger lofts than that of the S56 irons. In the creation they were getting a higher ball flight thanks to weight movement and this new balance so they strengthened the lofts to bring the ball flight down as well as add tiny little "bars" they call Stability Bars to offset the higher flight.

They will be available 11/1

I've always loved the looks of the S line and these are no different. Look so clean.

I like the look, have never had any luck with Ping irons. That makes 3 iron lines this year, talk about variety.

I like the look, have never had any luck with Ping irons. That makes 3 iron lines this year, talk about variety.

I'm counting 4 current lines, Anser, S55, I20, and G25.

These are more player oriented than the Anser's correct? This would be deemed confusing if it was Callaway.

I want to hit them. Badly.

Those look really good. Love them. I wonder what the stock shaft will be.

First Ping release I have been excited about since the i20 irons.

Those look really good. Love them. I wonder what the stock shaft will be.

Some proprietary Ping shaft that no one has a clue on how it performs compared to KBS, DG, etc.

Remind me a touch of the J40 irons. Like the clean look of them.

This guys still in the market for new irons. So def. interested. I like the stripped paint look.

Those are pretty.

Some proprietary Ping shaft that no one has a clue on how it performs compared to KBS, DG, etc.

The S56 and and Anser irons both came with KBS, PX or DG shafts, I bet these are the same.

Wow those look fantastic!!!!!

I'm not real sure what I think of those. I don't love the look, but I don't hate it either.

I think they look pretty nice - I've never hit the S Series so I am curious as to how forgiving they are. Are they in the MP 53 range or more demanding? I would love a nice cast set I could keep forever. With my miss being off the toe I like the weighting out there.

These look real sharp. Wouldn't mind trying these out

Looks like a real clean look!

Really like the clean look of those. Very well done with some nice upgraded technology in them.

Ping has some great looking irons all the time. I definitely need to get some swings in with these!

If only they were forged. :D

Those are the best looking irons from the S-model Pings. Just a very nice clean look, can't wait to swing them.

Back