Ping S56 vs TM MC

holein1

Reaction score
Handicap
Just picked up a used set of Ping S56 on a whim. I have been playing TM MC with a KBS C-Tapers and have no complaints. Being a ho I couldn't resist I guess.

I play to a 2 hndcp and just heard many good reviews on these clubs I thought it would bring little more happiness idk.

Anyway, took it to the range and immediately I felt disappointed. But I'm assuming this is due to the shaft it has on DG300.

So, my question is....to those that have tried or is playing with these, is it worth it to invest in some KBS C-Tapers and keeping them? Since I already have the MC's don't need two that are very similar.

Thanks in advance.

I have the Ping s56's and played them all year. Love them - I have them with the Project X 6.0 (could have gone to a 6.5) shaft in them. Love the combination.

I have the Ping s56's and played them all year. Love them - I have them with the Project X 6.0 (could have gone to a 6.5) shaft in them. Love the combination.

from your sig...you're a PING lover....have you played the TM MC's??? so you can give comparison?

I worked with both of those when I was looking at irons and was really leaning towards the MCs because I didnt want to play ping irons (long story) before ultimately settling on the feel of the RXFs. Ping makes some great irons but I really was expecting a lot I think when I was hitting the S56s to the point where they just couldnt live up to it. I think the technology in the S56s is great though and I think you might be right about the shafts being the difference for you (I have the SL300s because I didnt like the standard 300s) In terms of clubhead I think the S56 was better then the MCs.

I worked with both of those when I was looking at irons and was really leaning towards the MCs because I didnt want to play ping irons (long story) before ultimately settling on the feel of the RXFs. Ping makes some great irons but I really was expecting a lot I think when I was hitting the S56s to the point where they just couldnt live up to it. I think the technology in the S56s is great though and I think you might be right about the shafts being the difference for you (I have the SL300s because I didnt like the standard 300s) In terms of clubhead I think the S56 was better then the MCs.

thanks for your input....funny you say that the S56 clubhead is probably better, cause my pro guy thinks the MC's head is better. But personally I think the Ping might be better too.....but with my limited knowledge, I don't think even changing the shaft of S56 will make it that much better than the MCs.....am I correct thinking this? or could I be wrong...LOL. I do personally think the S56 head looks nicer....man...sorry guys....

thanks for your input....funny you say that the S56 clubhead is probably better, cause my pro guy thinks the MC's head is better. But personally I think the Ping might be better too.....but with my limited knowledge, I don't think even changing the shaft of S56 will make it that much better than the MCs.....am I correct thinking this? or could I be wrong...LOL. I do personally think the S56 head looks nicer....man...sorry guys....

haha no need to be sorry. The MC was a lot softer which is something I like in irons but the S56 stays very stable and is a solid solid club. Both are great irons it just comes down to if you want a softer feel or not.

One thing to consider us build quality. I have only had custom clubs. I have bagged ping and Taylormade irons. Pings were built right and looked good for five years. Taylormades were sent back twice before they were built to the order specs and looked they had been played for five years after the first season. So far the MCs look to be holding up much better.

Just picked up a used set of Ping S56 on a whim. I have been playing TM MC with a KBS C-Tapers and have no complaints. Being a ho I couldn't resist I guess.

I play to a 2 hndcp and just heard many good reviews on these clubs I thought it would bring little more happiness idk.

Anyway, took it to the range and immediately I felt disappointed. But I'm assuming this is due to the shaft it has on DG300.

So, my question is....to those that have tried or is playing with these, is it worth it to invest in some KBS C-Tapers and keeping them? Since I already have the MC's don't need two that are very similar.

Thanks in advance.

More happiness...so something about the MCs doesn't cut it for you...what would that be?

The S56s were disappointing how?

You may be able to answer these questions yourself if you ask yourself what you are looking for. To me neither set is doing it for you. So, what is it you want out of your irons?

Back