PING Tour-S Wedge

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
Look at what showed up at the NE Office of THP for some fun and games aka testing...the new PING Tour-S wedge! Really curious to see how this plays especially with the KBS shafts. Definitely an unexpected upgrade!

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

looks good, I spent some time at the outing in September with some Ping wedges. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Can't wait to read your review Hanks. I need a 60 and I am looking very hard at the Tour S model

Looking forward to this as I freaking LOVE the Tour-W's, cannot wait to get some insight into these.

Always thought Ping made a nice looking wedge and this one doesnt disappoint. Look forward to the review.

I am also in the market for a 60 so it will be interesting to read the review.

I've always been unimpressed with the look of PING wedges lately but when I un-boxed this I literally had a 'whoa!' moment. Definitely not what I expected from PING and can't wait to get it to the range this weekend

I am interested how you feel about the PINGs versus the MPT-11s you have in the bag.

Love the KBS shafts and am very interested to see how these stack up versus the competition. Happy wedging, Hanks!

since the comparison won't be in the review, I can say that these feel heavier. you definitely feel these more in your swing than you do the MPT's which was one of the things I really liked about the MPT's originally. Really intrigued by these but I'm not quite pondering.....
I am interested how you feel about the PINGs versus the MPT-11s you have in the bag.

since the comparison won't be in the review, I can say that these feel heavier. you definitely feel these more in your swing than you do the MPT's which was one of the things I really liked about the MPT's originally. Really intrigued by these but I'm not quite pondering.....

now that's interesting. I remember playing with golf4life and when he gave me that MPT11's the first thing I thought was, man these have some weight to them.

Man those are some sick looking wedges, very niiice!

Just make sure P4B's ankles aren't around during the testing. Can't wait to hear more in comparison to the MPT-11's that you like so much.

Just make sure P4B's ankles aren't around during the testing. Can't wait to hear more in comparison to the MPT-11's that you like so much.
OUCH! Yeah no testing next week buddy!

Nice pics and I am with you, normally I'm unimpressed by PING's wedges but this one looks nice.

Really interested to hear the feedback on these. I'll be needing new wedges soon, and after having a go of the Tour W's, I've definitely got my eye on these as a contender.

I think that Ping's wedges are really unattractive. There's way too much going on on the cavity. For a blade like wedge, it doesn't appear very blade like. I also don't think that the shaft will hold a candle to the Spinners. Good luck with the review Hanks, but I personally don't see this wedge having a shot at making its way into your bag.

I think that Ping's wedges are really unattractive. There's way too much going on on the cavity. For a blade like wedge, it doesn't appear very blade like. I also don't think that the shaft will hold a candle to the Spinners. Good luck with the review Hanks, but I personally don't see this wedge having a shot at making its way into your bag.

Did you ever get to try out the XFT's, TC? I really like the Hi Rev in them. Obviously, I haven't checked out the numbers vs the Spinners, but I think they are a pretty good feeling wedge shaft.

Ping clubs always seem to perform great but they are sure the most unattractive clubs. Hope these turn out great.

very nice looking wedge. Is the cavity in the back open or am I seeing that wrong?

I was surprised by it myself ddec....I think it comes from the shaft in the spinner shaft has an hourglass shape near the bottom of the grip where the KBS is your standard shape. The standard shape just feels heavier than the contoured shape does. I'll just have to put the two wedges on the scale to see what the real story is.
now that's interesting. I remember playing with golf4life and when he gave me that MPT11's the first thing I thought was, man these have some weight to them.

Did you ever get to try out the XFT's, TC? I really like the Hi Rev in them. Obviously, I haven't checked out the numbers vs the Spinners, but I think they are a pretty good feeling wedge shaft.

Yes, I've spent a considerable amount of time demo'ing the XFT's/Hi Rev's Hawk and to me, they don't even compare to the Spinners. I've said it for a while now, I see more spin out of the conforming head/Spinner combo that I ever did out of the nonconforming head/non spinner combo.

Yes, I've spent a considerable amount of time demo'ing the XFT's/Hi Rev's Hawk and to me, they don't even compare to the Spinners. I've said it for a while now, I see more spin out of the conforming head/Spinner combo that I ever did out of the nonconforming head/non spinner combo.

Right on, just curious if you'd tried them out. That gives me an idea :)

Right on, just curious if you'd tried them out. That gives me an idea :)

Oh yeah, I've tried them out a few times. I really wanted to like them b/c of the interchangeable face plate but they just weren't the best for me. Had I not happened to try out the Mizzie's at the outing, I would have JAWS wedges in my bag, but once I hit the MPT's w/Spinners, I was sold.

Anyway, back to the PING wedge here, I still think it's ugly. In fact, I've always not been fond of PING's wedge offerings. I'm keen to hear what the Hankster has to say.

The look of this one doesn't bother me too much, but I've always felt that PING makes some pretty oogly stuff.

Back