Ping Zing 2 or Ping ISI / K?

LZ80

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience playing either of these irons? I have the Ping Eye 2's and love them! But I am considering adding a set of either the Zing 2 or ISI/k.

Thanks!

Does anyone have experience playing either of these irons? I have the Ping Eye 2's and love them! But I am considering adding a set of either the Zing 2 or ISI/k.

Thanks!
Man, I remember wanting a set of ISI irons so bad back in the day. But, they were really expensive and I was like 15. I never ended up with them. During highschool tournaments, the players that had money all had either 975D or GBB drivers and Ping ISI irons.

I played the ISI's for a year or so. That was 10/12 years ago but I remember liking them, actually wish I would have kept them.

Still have a set of Eye 2 irons, never got to play the other 2 you mentioned.

Thanks!

I would recommend the Zing 2. I had a set of the ISI-K's, but the soles are deceivingly narrow despite the blade length being generous. Not sure if that is your thing or not, but for me the thin sole and light swingweight threw me off too much.

I liked the Zing 2's much better than the ISI's. From what I remember, they felt better and were easier to hit.

I had the ISI's for a few years when I was a kid. Thry were my dad's and I just took them haha
He had the full set, 1 iron and 3 to LW. That set basically opened a whole world for me. Such a cool set of irons.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I had some iSi's till last year. Gave them to a friend who really wanted a set of Ping's. They were awesome.

It is a hard decision. Classic ping sets are just awesome!

The Zing2 irons were very solid clubs. I played them for several years. I got a set of I3+ later and hated them. Light swingweight and lost easily 10 yds carry. They lasted less than a month in the bag. I currently play G700's and like them a lot.

I’ve held on to some of my “classic“ Pings. Still occasionally bag BeCu Eye2’s or BeNi ISI’s. I had a set of Zing2’s that I didn’t like as well.

Eye2 wedges are still hard to beat IMHO, and I prefer the Eye2 irons slightly to ISI irons. Both sets are awesome.

Has anyone reshafted classic Pings? I’ve still got the original Microtapers, but I’ve thought about pulling them and updating. I‘d just hate to change them from original state.

I had Ping Eye2s and ISI-Ks. I liked them both. I preferred the Eye2s though. Mine got stolen and I got the ISI-Ks as a replacement. Here's a great video.

Last edited:
I liked the Ping zing 2 a bit better then the ISI. I recall remotely settling on the zing 2 for the core irons and ISI for the wedges. Found memory of these clubs

I played them all, the Zing2, ISI-S and the ISI-K's. For me the Zing2's were just too big and bulky looking so I didn't like them. I like the ISI's, both styles better cause I preferred the small soles on them.

I have a set of ISI K irons in the basement. I got them in 1998 and played them for a number of years. Here’s a photo of the sole of one of the irons. Very narrow soles.489B0F99-9017-496C-9EF7-2E31D3F79D8D.jpeg

Thanks!
4 years later i just went out to the garage for you...my
ping zing 2s are almost identical to my sons isi irons just slightly bigger and they even have the same jz shaft. From pics online the isi-ks being larger than isi would basically be identical to my ping zing 2s. My sons isi go from 5-pw-sw ( 57*) so i am just going to add the ping zing 2 3,4, sw (52*) and lw (61*) to his set since i am now using some 845s.

I played my BeCu Ping Eye 2 pre-plus irons until a couple weeks ago when I replaced them with Cleveland Zipcore XL irons with UST Recoil Dart 65 F2 shafts. Not looking back...

Not sure about Zing 2s but I played Zings when the 1st came out until 2021 when I made the mistake of joining this Forum 😀 and bought Srixon ZX5s. The Z is a fantastic Club, forgiving, and yet easy to Work the Ball. A very high hitting Club with higher loft than current. Don't let that hold you back though, while my Buds had the newest Callaway Irons, their Ball flight was a lot lower with same Club but would go no further.
My ZX5s carry another few Yards than my Zings, but the 5s feel so much softer.
Another note, I purchased a used set of Eye 2s in mint condition ($76) just before Covid and he loved them, then he tried one of my Zings that were growing Dust and now he plays my Zings.

Back