9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High
This new show will be debuting on Golf Channel next week. There have been a few commercials for it over the last few days. Any early thoughts? Seems interesting enough....

Last edited:
I plan on watching it

What's it about? Surfing?

Kevin

It's about a former pro who ended up homeless and his attempt to return to golf...at least that's what I gathered from the trailers.

What's it about? Surfing?

Kevin

Absolutely! The need a follow up to Point Break!! :D

I think it could be good. Definitely some good potential!

It's about a former pro who ended up homeless and his attempt to return to golf...at least that's what I gathered from the trailers.

That's the way it seems.

Sounds good i would check it out

Looks really cool. Especially from that trailer they showed earlier.

Interesting concept! Should be interesting and what a break for that dude

I agree, awesome break for the guy. But at the same time, I'm a little confused.

So he's a homeless, professional golfer? Or he USE to be homeless? The trailer shows him hitting balls into barrels and sleeping with his golf bag as if he's still homeless. Your telling me Golf Channel won't give him enough for a place, but they follow him around with a camera crew? Or perhaps they're documenting how he WAS homeless and slept with his clubs.

I'm just a little unsure of the story but I maybe they'll explain it on the first show.

I did a little research on the guy because it seemed kind of farfetched.

wow. I'm not impressed. now I understand why the golf channel hasn't explained the details of his homelessness.

I'd rather watch Shell's WWoG reruns.

Maybe it's based on the guy becoming a drunk, loosing his card and his respect but hey, everyone deserves a second chance. I'm going to watch it as I'm always pulling for the underdog.

Maybe it's based on the guy becoming a drunk, loosing his card and his respect but hey, everyone deserves a second chance. I'm going to watch it as I'm always pulling for the underdog.

I'm all for second chances too OG...

we'll see what happens.

edit because I forgot to add that alcoholism is not why he's homeless and on the skids.

"Reality" TV
I agree, awesome break for the guy. But at the same time, I'm a little confused.

So he's a homeless, professional golfer? Or he USE to be homeless? The trailer shows him hitting balls into barrels and sleeping with his golf bag as if he's still homeless. Your telling me Golf Channel won't give him enough for a place, but they follow him around with a camera crew? Or perhaps they're documenting how he WAS homeless and slept with his clubs.

I'm just a little unsure of the story but I maybe they'll explain it on the first show.

I'm going to check this out, at least the first episode. If it's a bunch of crock, then they'll loose a viewer, but in the mean time, I'll keep an open mind.

I hope the "Pipe" in the title isn't a reference to a crack pipe..........

Didn't they already have this show with John Daly? hehehe

Bazinga!!

Am I the only one who took a second to make the link between the Bazinga response to Smallville's avatar? lol, well play 9I!

Am I the only one who took a second to make the link between the Bazinga response to Smallville's avatar? lol, well play 9I!

I try.... Hehe :D

Its on tonight at 8:30 CENTRAL time, the new haney project is on right before it at 8.

Its on tonight at 8:30 CENTRAL time, the new haney project is on right before it at 8.

Looks like I'll have an hour of TV to watch tonight!

Back