Should this be the thread to officially discuss the show? If so, can a mod please add [Spoilers] to the title? Thanks!

Edit your post and go to advanced settings, you can add it yourself. Aggro taught me last week.

Awesome, thanks for the tip!

EDIT: Nope, didn't work. It changed the title in the first post, but the Thread Title didn't change.

I did a little research on the guy because it seemed kind of farfetched.

wow. I'm not impressed. now I understand why the golf channel hasn't explained the details of his homelessness.

I'd rather watch Shell's WWoG reruns.

I agree with you SD.
I will say that apparently this isn't the first time going through this for the other person involved... and that some of the reading material seems to support that Piper is a good guy... still makes you go "huh"

I have a feeling that this show is going to be over dramatized and likely embellish a bit. Probably won't watch... But most likely because I will have already turned the channel when Rush was on.

This starts right now.

Im not sure of the word for this guy. Almost like he has a little cocky attitude to him, but it may just be the hat on backwards and sideways. lol

This new show will be debuting on Golf Channel next week. There have been a few commercials for it over the last few days. Any early thoughts? Seems interesting enough....

Watching now. Interesting.

A bit far fetched. Like they said, he has a greater chance of being struck by lightning.... I dunno. Everybody loves an underdog.

It was ok and I will watch, but I have my doubts about how "real" it will end up being. Even in the first episode it was pretty easy for him to get his clubs back there.

Heck, I wish I could pay off 3000$ worth of clubs by cleaning irons for a day.
It was ok and I will watch, but I have my doubts about how "real" it will end up being. Even in the first episode it was pretty easy for him to get his clubs back there.

Feel sorry for anyone down, but I aways wonder how some that "have it all" end up with nothing and living in a pipe? I guess we are all just one bad peice of financial advice from being there ourselves in some cases.

Heck, I wish I could pay off 3000$ worth of clubs by cleaning irons for a day.

Thats a job in golf I could get on board with.

Howd everyone like it?
Not as compelling as I thought it would be. In the first place, there are some holes in his story as to how he got where he is. If the girlfriend calls the police and you're accused of domestic violence, the police don't give you ten minutes to pack and then haul you off and drop you at some random spot - they either arrest you or they don't. The girlfriend could get a restraining order to keep him out of the house, but he'd still have recourse to at least half of everything there under California community property laws - he wouldn't just end up with nothing. There are several other wrinkles to it, but going from "living the high life" one day to sleeping in a pipe the next with only the clothes on your back is a disconnect from reality.

I may still casually watch it just out of idle curiosity, but it already seems like a very unrealistic "reality" show. As we watched the first episode, my wife commented "He says he's completely broke, but I wonder how much they're paying him to do the show?"

Feel sorry for anyone down, but I aways wonder how some that "have it all" end up with nothing and living in a pipe? I guess we are all just one bad peice of financial advice from being there ourselves in some cases.

Well, it didn't seem like he "had it all" It seemed more like his model girlfriend had it all and he was just riding the gravy train till she got tired of it and had his butt booted out. As for the domestic violence stuff, I may be old school, but it's pretty hard to get lower in my book than being a woman beater

So this guy was living as a kept man with a supermodel. He has sued her saying she promised him part of her income. I came across one article where it claims she kept him as a pet. She did accuse him of abuse, something she also did at one time to Mr. Big from Sex and the City, so there's some weirdness with her, too.

This guy has a few mental health issues I think. It's a little hard to believe that he couldn't find some kind of job.

Kevin

So this guy was living as a kept man with a supermodel. He has sued her saying she promised him part of her income...
I was wondering about that myself. He talked about them living in Bel-Air, having two Mercedes' in the garage, etc., but I figured she had to be providing the lion's share of the income - he was playing mini-tours, which I'm guessing would be pretty difficult to make a living off of unless you were consistently at/near the top of the leaderboard.

...This guy has a few mental health issues I think. It's a little hard to believe that he couldn't find some kind of job.
I won't speculate on the mental health issues, but I definitely agree about the job part. As the series starts, he says he's been homeless for something like two years and hocked his golf clubs eight months ago. If getting back to the Tour has been his dream all along, it's pretty hard to believe he's gone that long without getting a job of some kind. The guy is reasonably articulate, cleans up well and appears to take care of himself - it's not like he's the stereotypical Skid Row bum.

He seemed a bit odd to me however just mystical enough to keep my attention. I do like his persistance in working towards his ultimate goal. Now whether he can get his card or not, is surely a pipe dream.

Last edited:
palm springs california has one o the largest golf course populations in the country. you can't tell me me there isn't an entry level position at any number of those courses. he could work to make some money and get golf privileges.

but if he was cool with sponging off of Beverly Johnson he might not be the kind of guy that wants to start from square one.

but since he's been picked up by TGC for a tell-all (err....some).....he's got cash in the bank I presume. problem solved.

He lived off his mother and then lived off his girlfriend...making it a little hard to have too much sympathy from me (still sympathetic to the situation though). I'll probably keep watching but it won't be a must see compared to there isn't anything else on.

Back