I set up the DVR to record this, I haven't seen the 1st show yet, but I will probably watch it because it is golf related.

Watched bits and pieces and most of the last 5-10 minutes... not sure what I think.

I agree with the previous posters on how easy it was to get his clubs out of hock.
Don't ya think it might have had something to do with the cameras and film crew following this guy around now??

Anybody check out his website? There you can buy autographed TopFlite balls for, wait for it......
Spoiler
$30 a ball!!

There are lots of holes in his story. At the end when they were showing pieces from future episodes it showed him in a meeting and he said we was ok with living on the streets, to which someone else said, no you shouldn't.... So ultimately I question his resolve. I might watch a couple more episodes, but I don't think this will end up with him on Tour.

Last edited:
Unimpressed. In addition to what everybody else said, he just doesn't seem to have the physical condition to make it to tour, and age is not on his side.

Any of you California people know were the spot he is at? You should drive by there and see if he actually is living in those pipes.

Wonder if they already shot all the scenes and he now has a apartment or something like that. Surely golf channel bought/rented him a apartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if they already shot all the scenes and he now has a apartment or something like that. Surely golf channel bought/rented him a apartment.

Then they would have to call it Apartment Dreams. That doesn't work at all.

Kevin

palm springs california has one o the largest golf course populations in the country. you can't tell me me there isn't an entry level position at any number of those courses. he could work to make some money and get golf privileges.

but if he was cool with sponging off of Beverly Johnson he might not be the kind of guy that wants to start from square one.

but since he's been picked up by TGC for a tell-all (err....some).....he's got cash in the bank I presume. problem solved.

I was thinking same thing, lost most interest when he basically explained he went from sponging off his parents to sponging off the model (didn't know it was Beverly Johnson)...Not sure he knows how to work

I did a little Google research on Beverly Johnson and found that she claimed domestic abuse (years ago) against an ex-BF, Chris Noth, a/k/a "Mr. Big" in Sex in the City. He also denies it. He was never prosecuted. Who knows the truth. This guy is definitely determined but I would be more motivated to find any kind of job and a place to live before I would be to chase a pipe dream like this.

There are lots of holes in his story. At the end when they were showing pieces from future episodes it showed him in a meeting and he said we was ok with living on the streets, to which someone else said, no you shouldn't.... So ultimately I question his resolve. I might watch a couple more episodes, but I don't think this will end up with him on Tour.

TV shows (esp. "reality" shows) tend to use a lot of clever editing in the previews for upcoming shows to try to get people hooked into watching. I wouldn't make a decision about his resolve based on just a preview. That said, after watching the first epsiode, I'm not sure about whether I'll watch more than casually. It does seem a little fluffy and incomplete, yet I do like underdog stories. He probably did get paid by Golf Channel, so maybe mid-way through the season, we see him improve his situation a bit?

Then they would have to call it Apartment Dreams. That doesn't work at all.

Kevin

Hahahaha, nice!

TV shows (esp. "reality" shows) tend to use a lot of clever editing in the previews for upcoming shows to try to get people hooked into watching. I wouldn't make a decision about his resolve based on just a preview. That said, after watching the first epsiode, I'm not sure about whether I'll watch more than casually. It does seem a little fluffy and incomplete, yet I do like underdog stories. He probably did get paid by Golf Channel, so maybe mid-way through the season, we see him improve his situation a bit?

Hahahaha, nice!

True enough, but it says that he has 7 weeks until the qualifying rounds. That's not a lot of time for someone who plays everyday, let alone someone who hadn't swung a club in a year. Besides, he never made it on Tour before anyways. How can he expect to make a come back now?

Last edited:
Doesn't "comeback" indicate you were already there once?

Doesn't "comeback" indicate you were already there once?

I think it's his "comeback" to golf in general. He said he never made it the PGA Tour, unless I completely missed something.

I think it's his "comeback" to golf in general. He said he never made it the PGA Tour, unless I completely missed something.

Ah, I see. It's like my comback to dinner after having eaten it last night.

I watched it today and was highly unimpressed, I doubt that I am going to set the DVR to record the series.

...I doubt that I am going to set the DVR to record the series.
At the beginning of the first episode, I set my DVR to record the entire series. By the end of the first episode, I canceled it.

While I believe he is no longer homeless and this is a look back. I find it hard to believe that someone who has played that much golf and made any kind of contacts couldn't find work. I think he has never had a serious job so he jsut crashes to the ground the moment any adversitycomes along. If that is the case how are you going to make it in tour golf where it is all about overcoming adversity.

I'll watch the next episode and judge from there.

He just shot 3 over the first time out, not sure if I completely believe it or not after being off for so long, but that's not bad at all. Surely he has been practicing before the round, that's just crazy if he shot that low after being out 2 years.

He just shot 3 over the first time out, not sure if I completely believe it or not after being off for so long, but that's not bad at all. Surely he has been practicing before the round, that's just crazy if he shot that low after being out 2 years.

I was impressed with that as well.

He's better than I thought. But again, he was mooching off someone and then ended up back in the pipes. He's got 5 weeks or so until qualifying and he's back to square one. I dunno....

He's better than I thought. But again, he was mooching off someone and then ended up back in the pipes. He's got 5 weeks or so until qualifying and he's back to square one. I dunno....

I dont think its considered mooching off someone if they offer you the place to stay, now if he was to ask the guy if he could stay there then ya it would be, but since the guy said he could and didnt even know him I think it was ok. Just my opinion.

I think that was crazy he shot 3 over after not playing for two years! I just like that there is this drama about him maybe not getting the money together for q-school. Like the producers would just let the show fizzel out like that. "and he didn't have the money for Q-school. THE END"

I dont think its considered mooching off someone if they offer you the place to stay, now if he was to ask the guy if he could stay there then ya it would be, but since the guy said he could and didnt even know him I think it was ok. Just my opinion.

You are right. Didn't think of it that way. I just saw it as he's getting a roof over his head for free. He had three weeks there couldn't find one job in that time? Not even flipping burgers or sweeping floors? Are things really that bad?

You are right. Didn't think of it that way. I just saw it as he's getting a roof over his head for free. He had three weeks there couldn't find one job in that time? Not even flipping burgers or sweeping floors? Are things really that bad?

I agree there has to be some place around there that needs help. If I was him I would be asking all the golf courses(cart guy, work in pro shop, mow the course, maintenance, or something), that way he gets free golf and can play as soon as he gets off and could probably work out something were he could live nearby. That would have been the first place I would have tried.

Back