Why not? If this hadnt have happened, he could have been on tour, and could have made well over that amount. Not necessarily saying thats what would happen but you never know what could happen. She did take this guys career away from him, whatever that career was. He deserves to fight for all of the possible that he lost.

Can't say I agree with this. Could doesn't equal anything. I could be a hit on Tour too. If he was so good, where did all the money he earned playing go?

When he said he was 53 and he's never had a job it told me everything I needed to know. He probalyt has issues because she filed domestic violence charges against him.

The legal system is what it is. Could is a very big word, so is potential earnings.
Can't say I agree with this. Could doesn't equal anything. I could be a hit on Tour too. If he was so good, where did all the money he earned playing go?

The legal system is what it is. Could is a very big word, so is potential earnings.

I understand trying to milk the system for all it's worth, but at the end of the day, it's milking the system. She may have issues, but at the end of the day, he is responsible for where he's at right now. He won a few tournaments here and there, where is all his money? He taught Halle Barry and Hugh Jackman how to swing a club, where is the money he earned for that? There are too many critical elements missing from his story, and in the end, he comes across as a lazy mooch. How can you live of a former model for 3 years and have absolutely nothing to show from it?

From what they show on TV there are holes in his story. For all we know his entire story could be bogus. But we cant sit here, pretending like we know the truth, and make assumptions at what a judge would rule.

If this goes to court over a potential earnings scenario, he is a lock. The man tournament ability, he has won tournaments, and was well on his way to winning more before she derailed his life. (that is if what we see in the show is the entire story and is completely true(which probably isnt the case))

I understand trying to milk the system for all it's worth, but at the end of the day, it's milking the system. She may have issues, but at the end of the day, he is responsible for where he's at right now. He won a few tournaments here and there, where is all his money? He taught Halle Barry and Hugh Jackman how to swing a club, where is the money he earned for that? There are too many critical elements missing from his story, and in the end, he comes across as a lazy mooch. How can you live of a former model for 3 years and have absolutely nothing to show from it?

From what they show on TV there are holes in his story. For all we know his entire story could be bogus. But we cant sit here, pretending like we know the truth, and make assumptions at what a judge would rule.

If this goes to court over a potential earnings scenario, he is a lock. The man tournament ability, he has won tournaments, and was well on his way to winning more before she derailed his life. (that is if what we see in the show is the entire story and is completely true(which probably isnt the case))

Agreed, we don't know everything, but I'd still like to know more seeing as he wants our sympathy. Otherwise, what is the point of the show? How can we root for him if we don't know the whole story? I can't do that. There are too many missing pieces.

This will go to court eventually, and the outcome? Who knows. But to me if you look at the fact that he's been homeless without a job, without a lot of attempts to get a job, rules against him. Job should have been priority #1. That's what most people would do.

Why not? If this hadnt have happened, he could have been on tour, and could have made well over that amount. Not necessarily saying thats what would happen but you never know what could happen. She did take this guys career away from him, whatever that career was. He deserves to fight for all of the possible that he lost.

How did she take his career away? By calling the cops when he beat on her? What a horrible woman, she should have taken her beatings and kept her mouth shut, and let him continue to sponge off her.

Reading through the posts, I feel I know as much about this guy as those who have watched. It seems he is now receiving his 15 minutes of fame and we will never hear from him again after this show is over (except for the eternal reruns on TGC). From what I am reading he is not a person I could be pulling for to make it, I really am turned off by the domestic abuse charge, and if it is true, I don't care to see him live a life of relative luxury by winning a lawsuit versus the model nor do I think his golf talents will propel his to any great heights. I still don't believe I will watch the show, other than accidentally finding an occasional episode while channel surfing when nothing much is on.

How did she take his career away? By calling the cops when he beat on her? What a horrible woman, she should have taken her beatings and kept her mouth shut, and let him continue to sponge off her.

allegedly beat her...

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get the feeling this guy gave up his prime golfing years to be with this woman. This took place just a couple years ago. She was accusing Mr. Big from Sex in the City around 1994, so I doubt he was with her then, and at that time he would have been 47. He's suing her because he claims she agreed to "keep" him, and now he has to live in a tube.

I doubt it's her fault he never played on a tour at some point. My guess is he ain't not got the game nohow.

Kevin

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get the feeling this guy gave up his prime golfing years to be with this woman. This took place just a couple years ago. She was accusing Mr. Big from Sex in the City around 1994, so I doubt he was with her then, and at that time he would have been 47. He's suing her because he claims she agreed to "keep" him, and now he has to live in a tube.

I doubt it's her fault he never played on a tour at some point. My guess is he ain't not got the game nohow.Kevin

I go back and forth on this one. on one hand he is a leech trying to sponge off someone. on the other if he was woman who was kicked to the curb when she got older by a man after she was told she was going to be "kept", everyone would be saying "take him to the cleaners"

equal rights work both ways good and bad...

I go back and forth on this one. on one hand he is a leech trying to sponge off someone. on the other if he was woman who was kicked to the curb when she got older by a man after she was told she was going to be "kept", everyone would be saying "take him to the cleaners"

True, but if the woman was removed from the home by the police and charged with domestic violence how far would her claim go?

I may be wrong, but I don't think this guy spent a huge part of his life with this model. If a woman or man spends a lot of years as a pet, then yes, maybe they deserve something. Not sure about this dude.

Kevin

I heard they were together from 2005-2008.

I heard they were together from 2005-2008.

Okay then, when you become a pet at 46 or 47 and are kept for only 3 years, you don't deserve $5,000,000. Maybe a used Dodge Caravan, several dozen Titleists, and a golf umbrella, but not $5,000,000. Sorry tube man.

Kevin

Okay then, when you become a pet at 46 or 47 and are kept for only 3 years, you don't deserve $5,000,000. Maybe a used Dodge Caravan, several dozen Titleists, and a golf umbrella, but not $5,000,000. Sorry tube man.

Kevin

My thoughts exactly. I sure the arguement is that she cost him his golf career and wants to be compensated for potential lost earnings... or some crap like that. This guy isn't too bad, but earning $5 million playing mini tours is a pipe dream in itself.

My thoughts exactly. I sure the arguement is that she cost him his golf career and wants to be compensated for potential lost earnings... or some crap like that. This guy isn't too bad, but earning $5 million playing mini tours is a pipe dream in itself.

What kind of golf career did he give up at 46 or 47? He never really had a golf career it seems to me.

Kevin

What kind of golf career did he give up at 46 or 47? He never really had a golf career it seems to me.

Kevin

I agree. At least not one where he'd rake in that kind of cash. He just wants something for nothing.

The bad news is they announced the champions tour q school qualifiers on golf channel last night. Kinda ruined the drama of their own show.

The bad news is they announced the champions tour q school qualifiers on golf channel last night. Kinda ruined the drama of their own show.

Doh!!! :dohanim::dohanim::dohanim:

Me thinks they maybe should have postponed this show until after the qualifiers were announced. The average person would not look up to see if he had made it or not. But I think that's not the intent of the show. Sure that's his goal, but his immediate goal should be finding a job and start to make something of himself again. The show should be about the triumph of the human spirit, overcoming obstacles, not being homeless any more.

Me thinks they maybe should have postponed this show until after the qualifiers were announced. The average person would not look up to see if he had made it or not. But I think that's not the intent of the show. Sure that's his goal, but his immediate goal should be finding a job and start to make something of himself again. The show should be about the triumph of the human spirit, overcoming obstacles, not being homeless any more.

I never said he didn't make it . I just said either way they ruined the drama.

Back