They have a 15+ ball too. I actually appreciate the message. Most 20 handicaps out there won't benefit at all from buying top of the line balls costing $50 a dozen, but the companies obviously don't want to market it that way.
To add, many golfers (especially beginners) are a rudderless ship when it comes to actually using a ball that is proper for their swing and skill level. Marketing is a powerful thing and there are several players out there throwing away way more money than they have to playing a premium ball because......well.....just because. When I was starting, I would have appreciated the message, actually. I would say a good majority of golfers don't have any idea what compression, layer, spin numbers even mean to their games. 🤷‍♂️

Got some fun stuff coming.

I love the packaging and how they describe who should play each ball. That’s a massive upgrade over anything else I remember seeing.

The Blue Box may as well say “play this ball if your forum name on THP is Tequila4kapp”

We have a full video coming soon, but all three were tested in the THP Tech Studio.

Interested in seeing the results from the Tech Studio.

The simple "back of the napkin" box graphics don't bother me. it's a DTC product and hopefully the money they saved went into the product. I can see where the minimum handicap to play can be polarizing. I don't meet the recommended minimum 7i distance without the aid of a cart path so I won't try them but I do wish them well. Choices are a good thing.

A couple thoughts from this weekend. I thought the balls looked good in hand. The urethane cover was slightly more off white than the surlyn cover. They felt pretty good off the club face and while I only got to play a couple holes with them I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, yardage was good as was ball flight. I do like that the alignment lines are different colors but I think they are too short and too close together.

Any teasers or are we going to have to wait?
It won't be much longer. Im editing the video now and it will be out this week.

I probably wouldn’t buy these for the sole reason that their slogan isn’t “Piper down the fairway”.

If I did though, I would be a candidate for the blue based on their criteria (assuming I can lower my HC a stroke), but would probably pick the black based on their ball comparisons.

Did some testing this weekend on the Sim with Piper Gold, Bridgestone Tour BXS (2021), Callaway CSX LS (22), and the CSX (22). Wish I could have tried out the new Tour BX but they did not have any yet to try at the ball fitting. I won the Piper Golds last month on Instagram. Their online fitting tool actually recommended the Black but they were out of stock, so they sent some golds. They are a good quality tour ball. I found the cover, despite being urethane, to be firmer with a click, similar to a CSX or a Pro V1x. The ball is supposed to be high spinning, high launching, and workable (not necessarily the best combination for me). It was the second highest spinner and the highest launcher for me. It was surprisingly a bit faster than the CSX for me and not as fast as the CSX LS. I tried the CSX LS last, so I was fully warmed up and had a few really long 7 irons, which perhaps skewed the data a bit. My best consistency was with the BXS, then the LS, then the Pipers, and finally the CSX. Next up will be a head to head comparison between the CSX LS and the Tour BX.

With 7 iron:
Piper Gold with Apex Pro
Carry Total Ball Speed Club Speed Spin Axis Launch Height Smash
Average
Balls icon

Tour BXS with Apex Pro
Average
Balls icon
159.2164.8115.989.76353-1.321.01081.29

CSX LS with Apex Pro
Average
Balls icon