baylrballa

2024 WWGC Food and Drink Champion
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
>10
Pixel 4 being announced later this morning. In the market for a new phone.

Been on the samsung bandwagon for last several iterations but giving the Pixel a strong ponder this time around.

Any experience or thoughts about prior versions?

My youngest has the Pixel XL? My oldest has the Pixel 3. Both came from iPhones and they LOVE them. The cameras on both are freaking legit if that's important.

I have the Pixel 3a XL. This is an awesome phone at a great price point. The native android experience without the bloatware other mfgs put on their phones, coupled with the quick updates make this phone a winner. Great camera also. I would buy this phone again in a heartbeat. This is the best phone I have ever had, and the price makes it even better. I honestly don't feel like I gave anything up by getting the 3a XL vs the 3 XL.

Here's a list of my recent phones.
Current - Pixel 3a XL
Motorola Z2 Play
Google Nexus 5X
Motorola x 2014
Motorola X

The Pixel 4 phones look terrific, but right now I don't have any desire to upgrade and expect to keep the 3a XL for quite a while.

I currently have a Pixel 3 and love it...great phone in my opinion without all the bloatware and an outstanding camera. Previously I've owned a the Samsung Note 3, 4, 5, S7 Edge, S3...I think that might be the full list...while I think they make a good phone, I think the Pixel is easily better performing.

I have the Pixel 3XL and like other, love it because of the quick updates and no bloatware. Great camera and the battery seems to last me a long time.

I had 3 iterations of the previous Pixels/Nexus phones. Honestly, if it wasn't for work requiring an Iphone, I'd still have one. Simple design, push software updates, easy of controlling your own layout. Does almost everything your Samsung will do, but just slightly cleaner IMO.

Received my pixel 4 yesterday. Despite all the reviews crapping on the battery. After having a couple notes and s8+ I wanted something smaller.
I've never been so happy to go through and delete all those att and Samsung apps I was never able to before. Good start so far.

Received my pixel 4 yesterday. Despite all the reviews crapping on the battery. After having a couple notes and s8+ I wanted something smaller.
I've never been so happy to go through and delete all those att and Samsung apps I was never able to before. Good start so far.

Glad you like it thus far. They're not always going to be the best spec'd or anything, though near the top, but the thing for me was always the super clean interface.

Congratulations! I remember how wonderful it felt not having any VZW bloatware installed on my phone back when I purchased the original Pixel. After experiencing pure Android I will never go back to a non-Google phone again (currently on Pixel 3).

Congratulations! I remember how wonderful it felt not having any VZW bloatware installed on my phone back when I purchased the original Pixel. After experiencing pure Android I will never go back to a non-Google phone again (currently on Pixel 3).
I couldn't agree more. There is nothing like a phone with pure Android.

Back