Pretty funny how 2 of those are based in Michigan, and I'm not sure I know of 1 person here who actually eats those. If I absolutely had to eat 1, I would go Dominos Thin Crust.

Im a round table fan but man they are getting expensive!

2nd choice would be dominos followed by pizza hut, Papa Johns

We have a local pizza place we enjoy called Bortolami's. It has a Tour De France decor theme so our boys have dubbed it "bike pizza"

pizza wise it would be papa john's. once in a blue moon i will get one with thin crust and lots of toppings. BUT pizza hut easily has the best bread sticks. haven't had dominos in over 10 years and little Caesars is just bad.

Dominos. Ordered it for an impromptu work meeting, for the price it was not bad at all.

All of these places vary more than they should store to store.

At it's relative best:
1) Pizza Hut - When it is good, it is really tasty, but bad Pizza Hut would rank below bad Papa Johns.
2) Papa Johns - Special Garlic Sauce is the star.
3) Dominos - My wife and I are in the camp that loved the old Dominos. We pretty much went elsewhere when they switched all their recipes.
4) Little Caesars - My kids love this, my wife won't touch it. Value is decent, but I'd rather have any of the others.

I have not had any of these particularly recently, so I'm going from longer-term memory here.

Pizza Hut
Domino's
[A fairly large gap]
Papa John's
[An even larger gap]
Little Caesars

I don't really like chain pizza. I grew up working in my dad's restaurant flipping pizza's on weekends and summers. But if I have to choose, it would be between Pizza Hut and Domino's because they are less than a mile from my house. (But so are two non-chain places and I'd rather have either one of them.)

Pizza Hut was my go to over the years. Just saw a commercial fo this yesterday: I might buy it because of the genius of it:
a04d9dfafadc2eed15ceb22a30323d47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa johns
Hungry howies
Little Caesers
Dominos
Pizza Hut

Domino's is the only one of those four that we will order. I do like their thin crust pizza.

Most of the time we're eating pizza from local joints or just making our own.

If I have to go off of the list it’s Pizza Hut. A better deep dish and thin than the others.

Pizza Hut is also the only chain that had Tony Hawk working for them in a movie.

These bring back some fond memories. I bet many of us worked at one or more of these locations. I worked at both Pizza Hut and Dominies.

If I forced to actually eat any of these bad pizzas now (rather eat a frozen pizza), I find Little Caesar’s is the best tasting, but Papa John’s is a close second.

This is a tough list. I just recently had Pizza Hut and it was pretty bad. Much worse then I remember it being when I was younger. I was never a fan of Papa Johns or dominos growing up. Little Ceasars $5 Hot n Ready was my jam in college and still get it from time to time.

1 Little Ceasars
2 Pizza Hut. (Nostalgia vote)
3 Dominos
4 Papa Johns (crust is nasty)

Papa Johns would be my first choice, but I haven't tried Dominoes in forever - sounds like they've improved a ton (of course there was no where to go but up)

I'd have to put Papa John's first (if my memory serves me well. It's been a while.) followed by Pizza Hut.Then, Domino's.
If I was dying if starvation, then Little Caesars.

Pretty much my thoughts. Kids love Little Caesar’s. If they have that I’ll make an egg sammich or something.

I am not going to turn down pizza for anywhere. Choosing from the list, I would take Dominos.

Now, I'm a thin crust guy so thats all I've really sampled from the pizza dealers we were given.

Dominos is the clear favorite for me.

As long the pizza is hot and fresh (none of them stand up for cold or pizza breakfast) Dominos, Hut, LC are all tolerable, but the Papa Johns in Eugene you'd be better off putting the pepperoncinis they include on the cardboard box and eating the box... horrible pizza.

Skimmer input - MOD Pizza It's a pizza version of Subway, individual pizza, pick a size, walk down the line picking sauce, toppings, extras and they cook it up

Last edited:
Papa Murphy's, Godfathers, dominos, then everything else chain wise.

Papa Murphy's, Godfathers, dominos, then everything else chain wise.

Haha. Based on the first post, I am supposed to call you a skimmer now :D

Haha. Based on the first post, I am supposed to call you a skimmer now :D

True, but I would rather add my own. haha. If I have to use your list it is...

Papa Johns
Dominos
Pizza Hut
Little Caesars

I’m kinda surprised by the Dominoes love. Seems like they’re about 50% of the pies “liked as first choice”. It’s been a bit but I’m pretty sure I’ve tried their “improved” crust.

I’d have figured Papa Johns since they do have fresher crap. I’ve watched them spin their dough and it’s kind of fun to watch. Like watching a paid caddy well versed in the course help you with a green. I’m not a huge fan of them (or anyone on the list quite frankly) but they definitely put the best ingredients out there as far as I’m concerned. Those best ingredients aren’t great but at least they’re something different. Pizza Hut has changed a lot over the years. They’re pan pizza used to mean something. It’s now just a corporate tasting piece of grease.

I know it’s not part of the thread and I promise I’m not skimming, but one thing I love to do when I’m in a new town for whatever reason, usually coaching a youth baseball team, is to try as many of the local places as I possibly can while there. There’s some hidden gold in them there hills sometimes.

Little Ceasers is what it is. Cheap pizza for the kids. I’d much rather a piece of toast than that, in fact just thinking of it makes me a little queasy. But the damn price is right, for sure!

Papa Johns
Dominos
Pizza Hut
Little Caesers would be only as a last resort when all other food places have closed.

I prefer Godfathers and am lucky enough to have one in my little home town.

you lucky SOB! Lol I grew up with a Godfather’s in my town and it was one of our go tos. They have disappeared from the Minneapolis area for some reason.

Pizza Hut is my choice or the four but would rather get Jets Detroit style any day over them.

I find it funny that Little Caesars was running ads making fun of online ordering, as they themselves were rolling out online ordering.

Back