Works perfectly for us. My goal was 750* for the cheapest I could find. Our last one did hotter but was so big. So I wanted smaller when we got our 3rd grill. I had heard that this got hotter than was listed and it does for us. I run it off propane and it takes 5 minutes to get hot. I tested with laser temp reader and was pleased.
Sounds pretty ideal... especially if it is cheaper. They are all really basic devices so I don't see the need to spend a lot on one.

Sounds pretty ideal... especially if it is cheaper. They are all really basic devices so I don't see the need to spend a lot on one.

We have a lot of grills and dont use it as much as we should. So going inexpensive was ideal, and without having to deal with any ash was a bonus for our use.

I love my Uuni/Ooni 2. I've backed/ordered their latest one - Karu. Should be shipping in February. I looked really long at the Roccbox and Ooni Pro. Spent so long looking at them that the Karu was announced and that tipped it.

Stuffed pizza in the oven! First time making it, hopefully it comes out well. Smells amazing
0724551c1b3bed92286941221bd12fd0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
It was awesome. Some of the guys had never had deep dish/stuffed pizza before.

c7e471902e231c06cdbafb3dc2a6930a.jpg
1e19d2c1d3dd79906fb686bf7fa80055.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I had to cut down on alot of carbs a while back. Especially breads. This was almost a problem because I love eating pizza with a beer chaser.

Fortunately my Wife came across a "breadless pizza" recipe. It's not entirely carb free, but much less than with bread.

There is some cream cheese used in the makings, which gives it a different pizza taste. I find that it tastes just as good, if not better than the real thing. Especially the "meat lovers" variety. Main difference is you don't hold it to eat it. You use a knife, and fork.

The recipe can be googled for those interested.

Made pizzas last night and my dough recipe screwed me over. It said 3 tbsp of Kosher salt. Thought that was an awful lot, but followed it, minus a little bit. Did the normal 72 hr cold proof. It was really workable, and wouldn't you know it...it was saltier than crap. I even looked back at it today, and it says tbsp. Will be going back to a previous recipe next time.

On a secondary note, I'm tired of my Bakerstone pizza box not getting high enough temps. Too much heat lost between the grill burners and the box itself. Looking into some of the Ooni models.

Made pizzas last night and my dough recipe screwed me over. It said 3 tbsp of Kosher salt. Thought that was an awful lot, but followed it, minus a little bit. Did the normal 72 hr cold proof. It was really workable, and wouldn't you know it...it was saltier than crap. I even looked back at it today, and it says tbsp. Will be going back to a previous recipe next time.

On a secondary note, I'm tired of my Bakerstone pizza box not getting high enough temps. Too much heat lost between the grill burners and the box itself. Looking into some of the Ooni models.

Yeah the heat is key. Our Pizza Que gets to 750 or so and cooks so fast. Our previous one got to 900 And it was bliss, but the machine was too big.

Yeah the heat is key. Our Pizza Que gets to 750 or so and cooks so fast. Our previous one got to 900 And it was bliss, but the machine was too big.

what did you previously have?

I am a big fan of the ooni. Easy to set up and gets temps up to 900*. I have found using weight when making dough is a lot kore precise than using cups and tablespoons measurements.

I want to get the larger ooni koda that just came out. I don’t have any experience with the pellet and wood.

I have found using weight when making dough is a lot kore precise than using cups and tablespoons measurements.

I use a digital scale for measuring my flour. Much better.

Back