Plan to play any special courses this year?

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As the title suggests...

Are you planning on playing anywhere you would consider special this year? Going on any trips? If so, where and when are you going?

I'm going to Naples, FL later this spring. Thanks to some advice from JB and Biggsy I'm going to try and play Hammock Bay, Visari, or Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club. I'm staying with relatives that live in a golfing community called Glen Eagle Country Club, so I will be playing there too.

Also, sometime this summer, I'm going to play The TPC at Deere Run (home of the John Deere Classic). It's about 20 minutes from my house, but I have been a bit intimidated to play it as of yet. I'm hoping my lessons and practice help me feel a little more comfortable.

Anyway, its about 15 degrees here today and I'm dreaming of sunny skies and green grass. Would love to hear some of your plans for the year.

I'm going to North Carolina late March. Not a golf trip but I hope to get a few rounds in to get an early start on the season. We haven't picked any courses yet but will be in the Pinehurst / Southern Pines area for a few days, so we should be able to come up with something.

My wife and I will make our pacific northwest "big circle" road trip this year. I am pretty sure it will include Pebble, Spy Glass, and Bandon. Those, and some other not so well known gems we already know about, plus any new ones we might run across.

This trip will take us to CA., OR., WA., ID., MT., WY., UT., AZ., and then back to Vegas.

We usually make these trips in July-August to get away from our humid Vegas heat.

We were thinking about going to Australia this spring, but my wife's hand injury has put that on hold.

Also I will making my own annual trek to Texas for an extended visit with family. There are a few pretty nice courses in the DFW area.

You will enjoy Deere Run; I thought it was a fun course.

Although I will be doing the typical Myrtle Beach trip, I don't think it should be considered a "special" trip.

I do a couple trips each season up north in Wisconsin. These are my special trips. This season we will likely play Whistling Straits, the Irish and the Bull at Pinehurst in one trip, and then play Erin Hills in another trip.

In regard to the weather, the 10 day forecast has it getting into the 40s in Chicago. Cog Hill here I come!

I'll be playing Sarasota National if I can make it down to the THP Golf Outing :blob:

We're going to Hawaii in May and will be playing golf there a few times. We'll be going to Oahu, so I'm not sure what courses yet! But it should be fun!! :)

• Staff
This trip will take us to CA., OR., WA., ID., MT., WY., UT., AZ., and then back to Vegas.

Sounds like a great trip. I worked in Yellowstone NP for a summer and moved from there to southwest Montana. I go back every now and then and leave feeling all nostalgic. Just an incredible part of the world up there.

• Staff
In regard to the weather, the 10 day forecast has it getting into the 40s in Chicago. Cog Hill here I come!

I've heard rumblings that we may start to creep up temperature-wise too. I'm hoping it's enough to melt the snow, but I would say there's about a foot in my front yard right now.

Once it's gone I'm heading to the year-round course down the road. I don't care what condition that course is in. I just need to find some grass. I am soooo sick of hitting off of mats!

Such a deal. I worked at the Grand Teton Lodge during summer break from school. The whole area sure has changed over the past few decades. :clapp:
Sounds like a great trip. I worked in Yellowstone NP for a summer and moved from there to southwest Montana. I go back every now and then and leave feeling all nostalgic. Just an incredible part of the world up there.

That just sounds like so much fun Prov!! It def. will be a great time and enjoy!! Great deal :good:

Gulf Shores, Alabama in one week.

An Arnold Palmer course is one that we have a tee time for already.

Just so the weather holds up nicely.

I'm jealous of your Hawaii trip GC. Were you able to trade your timeshare in California for Hawaii?

Hope the weather does hold up for you Nike Golf. Should be a great change from Minnesota :act-up:

I'm jealous of your Hawaii trip GC. Were you able to trade your timeshare in California for Hawaii?

Hope the weather does hold up for you Nike Golf. Should be a great change from Minnesota :act-up:

Today's high is expected to reach a balmy 12 degrees. :banghead:

/sadly, I'm not kidding

Today's high is expected to reach a balmy 12 degrees. :banghead:

/sadly, I'm not kidding

I can relate somewhat. We've had a horribly cold winter here too. I spend quite a bit of time in Rochester and am always amazed at the temperature difference. I'm only about 4 hours away, but it's like a different world up there.

I can relate somewhat. We've had a horribly cold winter here too. I spend quite a bit of time in Rochester and am always amazed at the temperature difference. I'm only about 4 hours away, but it's like a different world up there.

I'm actually a little over two hours west of Rochester. The southern part of the state this year has been just as cold and colder than the northern part. Which is pretty nuts. We've actually gotten more snow than they have too.

I have a gift card to Trump National burning a hole on my desk that I will have to use. Im sure ill do a few other special courses this year as well.

Such a deal. I worked at the Grand Teton Lodge during summer break from school. The whole area sure has changed over the past few decades. :clapp:

I'm planning on trying out a course or two that direction this summer since I'll be working about an hour south of Jackson for a few months.

I'm planning on trying out a course or two that direction this summer since I'll be working about an hour south of Jackson for a few months.

Jackson is a lot of fun. Lot's of things to see and some great food. If you've never gone, you should definitely head up the road to the Tetons and Yellowstone. There is a place in the Tetons called Signal Mountain that I used to take visiting friends and family to. You can actually drive all the way up the mountain. Incredible veiws that you don't get to see anywhere else unless you hoof it.

I didn't golf when I lived there, so I have no idea about any courses. If there's one near Jackson I would assume that is nice.

Jackson is a lot of fun. Lot's of things to see and some great food. If you've never gone, you should definitely head up the road to the Tetons and Yellowstone. There is a place in the Tetons called Signal Mountain that I used to take visiting friends and family to. You can actually drive all the way up the mountain. Incredible veiws that you don't get to see anywhere else unless you hoof it.

I didn't golf when I lived there, so I have no idea about any courses. If there's one near Jackson I would assume that is nice.

I was out there last year so I saw the Tetons and a little bit of Yellowstone. I spent most of my spare time working/hiking in the Wyoming range as well as some time in the Wind River range.

I didn't do much for golf because I left my clubs behind since I couldn't take the work truck for personal endeavours. I rented a set from the local course but they weren't that great. This year I'm taking my own truck so I'm gonna see what's out there. The two courses I saw on the internet look pretty nice.

Yup, we were FINALLY able to trade a week and get into Hawaii. It must be really hard to get into because we've been trying for 3 years and this is the only week available, go figure!! So we took it! :D

I have a gift card to Trump National burning a hole on my desk that I will have to use. Im sure ill do a few other special courses this year as well.

There must be more than on Trump National, then? The only one I know of is in New Jersey.

Already scheduled for this year are:

TPC Sawgrass
Kapalua in May (may play a couple others while in Hawaii)
Bandon Dunes
Reynolds Plantation

*Played Trump International in Puerto Rico a couple of weeks ago so it is off the list.

No special courses on the map, but some trips that will include rounds I know I'll really enjoy. That makes them special. :angel:

Ixtapa mexico in april for a week, 2 golf courses within 5 minutes from our hotel but not sure if I will play or not. One is a Robert Trent Jones designed course so you would think it should be good.

Already scheduled for this year are:

TPC Sawgrass
Kapalua in May (may play a couple others while in Hawaii)
Bandon Dunes
Reynolds Plantation

*Played Trump International in Puerto Rico a couple of weeks ago so it is off the list.

You'll be in Hawaii in May as well? Maybe we'll see you there :)

Back