Plan to play any special courses this year?

Whatever course Claire has picked out for us in june:D

You may be disappointed then Dyna - I'm choosing the course and making the pairings.

You may be disappointed then Dyna - I'm choosing the course and making the pairings.

No disappointment on my end, probably only be 3-4 of us & if we squeezed in a bit we could all ride in 1 cart:D

found out today I'll be playing Doral (3 different courses) in June.

No disappointment on my end, probably only be 3-4 of us & if we squeezed in a bit we could all ride in 1 cart:D

Dyna - We've got at least 2 4-somes, possibly 3. Hmm - wonder who I should put you with? Probably the guys so you don't try to look up anyone's golf skirt. :wink:

Ok I have found out that our cruise will be stopping in Grand Caymen and Cozumel. Does anyone have any experience playing at either of these two locations? Also I don't plan on taking my clubs, so what are rentals like and what would I need to take besides my golf shoes?

I'm going to play the Reynolds Plantation Great Waters and Oconee courses next month. Really looking forward to that.

Ok I have found out that our cruise will be stopping in Grand Caymen and Cozumel. Does anyone have any experience playing at either of these two locations? Also I don't plan on taking my clubs, so what are rentals like and what would I need to take besides my golf shoes?

That sounds like a whole lot of fun and gorgeous mixed with beautifulness, enjoy :)

That sounds like a whole lot of fun and gorgeous mixed with beautifulness, enjoy :)

Thanks! We are really looking forward to going and relaxing.

Thanks! We are really looking forward to going and relaxing.

Very cool Wulff, hope you enjoy it. I've never played when on a hugh trip like that.

Towards the end of April I should be playing at Flint Hills National Golf Club. This is said to be an extremely nice course, I can't wait.

Very cool Wulff, hope you enjoy it. I've never played when on a hugh trip like that.

Towards the end of April I should be playing at Flint Hills National Golf Club. This is said to be an extremely nice course, I can't wait.

My cousins played there a couple of years ago with one of the members, both of them came away very impressed. I didn't go because I'd just started playing again and didn't want to embarrass myself. I wish I would have done it.

I'm headed down to Dallas this afternoon to visit some family and most importantly, play some golf. Tomorrow we are playing Stonebriar, I think it's a Tom Fazio course so I'm pretty pumped about it. Then we are playing two courses at Brookhaven the following days, with playing the Cowboys Golf Club on Monday. Also pretty excited to play the Cowboys course, I've heard it's a pretty good track. Anyone played or know much about these courses? TIA.

http://www.cowboysgolfclub.com/layout9.asp?id=229&page=7252

http://www.westinstonebriar.com/

http://www.clubcorp.com/club/scripts/section/section.asp?NS=PCH&MFCODE=BROCC

I'm headed down to Dallas this afternoon to visit some family and most importantly, play some golf. Tomorrow we are playing Stonebriar, I think it's a Tom Fazio course so I'm pretty pumped about it. Then we are playing two courses at Brookhaven the following days, with playing the Cowboys Golf Club on Monday. Also pretty excited to play the Cowboys course, I've heard it's a pretty good track. Anyone played or know much about these courses? TIA.

http://www.cowboysgolfclub.com/layout9.asp?id=229&page=7252

http://www.westinstonebriar.com/

http://www.clubcorp.com/club/scripts/section/section.asp?NS=PCH&MFCODE=BROCC

Cowboys is nice. Take the time to look at the trophy's and rings as you walk into the clubhouse. Also the locker room has lockers for quite a few of the former players. When I played there last fall the round included breakfast and lunch in the clubhouse and anything except alcohol to drink on the course. Aldo the snack bar/grill out on the course and beverage carts were included. All you had to pay for was any beer or alcohol. Number 4 is the hole they always show pics of with the star in the middle of the fairway.

Dyna - We've got at least 2 4-somes, possibly 3. Hmm - wonder who I should put you with? Probably the guys so you don't try to look up anyone's golf skirt. :wink:

Diane, that's not a problem if it's a skort! :D

I am planning to take a few short golf trips this year…

- A long weekend to play some courses at the Lake of the Ozarks in MO
- A trip to McCall, ID in June and plan to play a few courses in the area
- This fall it’s off to the Robert Trent Jones Trail in AL

Well the Cowboys course was really neat. Lots of undulation, good course design and challenging. The only knock on it, and it's a pretty big knock, was the bunkers. Probably the worst traps I have ever had to play out of. They were literally rock hard and very wet/swampy in some parts, very inconsistent. Other than that I would definitely recommend it to someone in the area. If you do decide to play I suggest you play after 2pm. If you play after that it's only $99, which includes free lunch before, free food on the course and free dinner afterwards. The only thing you have to pay for is alcohol. I thought it was an outstanding deal.

I'm playing Tot Hill Farms on Friday and can't wait. It will be my first time and from everything I've read and pictures I've seen that is a special golf course.

I will be playing the original Championship course at Blackwolf run where the 2012 US Womens Open is going to be played.

I'll finally be playing Liberty National late spring. I won a 3some in a charity auction last year but the weather wasn't great so we put it off to this year.

Since I moved recently to Chicago, I'm looking forward to a round at Cog Hill this summer if I can arrange it!

There's a couple I'm looking forward to playing this weekend.

Since I moved recently to Chicago, I'm looking forward to a round at Cog Hill this summer if I can arrange it!

They have 4 courses. Dubsdread is the famous course -- home of the old-school Western Open and now the one of the FedEx Cup Playoff courses. No. 2 (Ravines) is a decent track and worth playing if you want to get your golf feet underneath you before taking on dubs. Don't waste your time or money on playing the 1 or 3 courses.

I just got back from Myrtle Beach and had a chance to play some great courses down there. I don't know if they make it into the "special" category, but they were pretty neat. Among others, we played:

The Dunes Golf & Beach Club
Caledonia Golf & Fish Club
Grande Dunes

Im planning on playing University Ridge a few times this year. Its considered by many to be one of the best courses in southern Wisconsin.

Plan on playing the La Quinta Courses (PGA West, etc.) and El Camaleon (if possible) for my 30th B-Day in September.

Back