Plan to play any special courses this year?

I'm headed to New York this summer for a memorial tournament for a family member who passed away on the course last year, and I just found out this morning that my father in law booked us a tee time on BETHPAGE BLACK! What? My first post on here was in the "trying to break 100" thread. Any bets on how high my score goes on the Black?
Anyone been on the course? Any tips or suggestions besides run away?

Just pick the tees that give you a distance you are comfortable with and go for it!

I'm going to play the Purdue Golf Complex's two courses next month. Should be fun.

I'm playing Disney's Magnolia course next Tuesday, not only a special course, but also with a special guest as Spank818 will be joining me. I am very excited for this round!

Have fun P4B! Spank is good people.

I'm headed to New York this summer for a memorial tournament for a family member who passed away on the course last year, and I just found out this morning that my father in law booked us a tee time on BETHPAGE BLACK! What? My first post on here was in the "trying to break 100" thread. Any bets on how high my score goes on the Black?
Anyone been on the course? Any tips or suggestions besides run away?

Do everything you can to enjoy the experience! Don't worry about score and just try to take it all in. You don't get to play many courses like that (or at least I dont).

I played Sandpiper in Goleta, California in April. Great service and an overall first class facility!

im planning on playing a different course than the only one ive played, which is only a few blocks from my house, it's too convenient, especially since i can take the public transit bus there as i dont have a car at the moment

My girlfriend bought me a round at the Old Course for my birthday :D

That was a nice experience!

Heading to Edgewood Tahoe on July 19-21st, right after the Pro Am. My buddy won a free trip, 2 days 2 nights and 2 rounds of golf for 2 people.

Can't wait!!!

I'll be playing here the 21st and 22nd of July. :clapp:

awesome paulo enjoy and photos please!

My girlfriend bought me a round at the Old Course for my birthday :D

That was a nice experience!

very cool tdin! and yes photos for you too please!

Heading to Edgewood Tahoe on July 19-21st, right after the Pro Am. My buddy won a free trip, 2 days 2 nights and 2 rounds of golf for 2 people.

Can't wait!!!

Looks tough Fourputt. Have a good time!

the mountains look awesome! enjoy!

I'll be playing here the 21st and 22nd of July. :clapp:

That course has always looked fun to me Fourputt. The black bunkers just give it a unique look. Please take pics and let us know what it was like when you get back. Have fun!!!

awesome paulo enjoy and photos please!

Didn't get too many pics unfortunately. But I'm over there quite often, so I'll get more next time too, even though I may not be playing!

Recognise this bunker? Luckily I missed it, and made a very good bogey!
123419529.jpg

Had a little wait to tee off on the 18th....
123420241-e15e26a68d460a79a160b4eaeeea7718.4c2c8a48-scaled.jpg

My playing partner marching up 18 to our birdie putts. There was a crowd gathered, and I got a round of applause for lipping out from about 20 feet!
123420744-e759fba1ab3bdf9bd363e8ed7732e387.4c2c8a48-scaled.jpg

I'm playing TPC River Highlands (site of the Travelers Championship) in August. It will be my first time playing there despite living 30 minutes away for the last 20 years.

I'm playing TPC River Highlands (site of the Travelers Championship) in August. It will be my first time playing there despite living 30 minutes away for the last 20 years.

I hope for your sake they cut the rough. We had a U.S. Open qualifier this year, and for the two weeks leading up to it, if you missed a fairway, you were in serious trouble.

Headed to San Fran later this month. Might try to stay an extra day and hit Pebble. 50-50 odds right now.

i got invited to greenbrier country club tomorrow by a member to fill in a spot for a scramble/blitz... i wish my game was better at this point in time

do the courses at the THP Fall Outing count? lol

i got invited to greenbrier country club tomorrow by a member to fill in a spot for a scramble/blitz... i wish my game was better at this point in time

That's pretty cool stuff. I may be playing Greenbrier on TW 11 this evening. Enjoy yourself.

Finally played Liberty National yeasterday. It was a beautiful day, nice weather. Course was great and challenging. I can appreciate how frustrated the pros were getting at the Barclays last year. Greens were brutal. I played well but still carded some big scores on a couple of holes. My guest locker was accross from Ray Romano's locker. Also saw Ernie Els, Luke Donald and Camillo's lockers. Pretty cool.

Back