Plane Collision Takes The Life of PGA Section President at Coeur d'Alene

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!

PGA Section President killed when two planes collided in mid-air over the holiday weekend, including his son & two step-children. Tragic accident occurred at Idaho’s Lake Coeur d’Alene, where THP just had an outing recently.

Thoughts & prayers go out to his surviving wife & family.

Read about this yesterday. Very sad.

Wow. Condolences to the families of all involved. Such a tragedy.

I've seen the float plane that they were in on a tour flying in and out of there for years. I don't know how those planes didn't see each other, but I am no pilot.

terrible, i mean jeez..

I've seen the float plane that they were in on a tour flying in and out of there for years. I don't know how those planes didn't see each other, but I am no pilot.
We have the 2nd busiest airport in the state, a float plane base, and a private airstrip community of homeowners that all are within a few miles of me. That and pre-Corona, the International airport flight patterns were greatly extended and lowered.

Oh gawd the air traffic over our house. I have seen so many near collisions of all types of planes overhead. And I don't think those incidents ever get reported!?
To the point I have held my breath waiting for impact they were so close and took evasive action.
Helicopter crashed a few years ago and I heard it sputtering overhead before it crashed just north of us. They were out on some kind of fracking oil train surveillance and crashed. I think they knew something and were silenced. Never hit the local media again after the crash. Completely buried. :unsure:

That float plane tour has to battle for landing on the lake with all the boaters, skiers, jetskiers, wind surfers, etc. They load up at a dock right next to the big public beach and then taxi out for a ways before taking off. Then when they want to land, they may make 2 or 3 approaches before they can touch down safely.

I'd never get in one of those float planes. I think two have flipped just this summer locally landing.
I forgot the other lake up the road too where a couple well=to=do's have their own float planes too. It never ends around here. Want to move.
Just read a few articles on the crash. How sad. Sounds like he was a really good guy. Condolences to his wife/family. :(

Last edited:
that's terrible and sad

Tragic. Rest In Peace to all the families involved. 😕

Horrible situation. RIP.

So sad!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Prayers are with the family

Back