Planemate training for at least 1 year

I didn't make to a year but did to 9 months of work. I bought mine in June of 2020 as a birthday present to myself and put it away in roughly February. During the first few months I was striking the ball better then ever. I would do 30 or 40 swings daily following the protocols listed on the site. The last few months or so I started to plateau and by the end I completely lost my swing. No matter how many reps I did I just could not get the same feels and was striking the ball miserably. I put my planemate away and went back to working on the foundations pieces my instructor taught me years ago. My swing came back around and I shot some career lows this year but golf is a fickle game. I started chasing speed and now I'm back to square one, rebuilding from my foundation pieces.

I believe that the planemate is an excellent tool and wonderful training aid. The only caveat I'd add is that it's most beneficial to someone that really understands the golf swing and is extremely mindful of what they're doing. If you're expecting to just use it for a year and have a tour caliber swing then you will have a reality check after a few months. The planemate can be cheated so that you thing you've made a good swing but in fact you did not. My problem was that I started relying on the feel of the stretch and relax sensation instead of being mindful of what my instructor wanted me to do. Overtime my old outside, steep takeaway pattern came back and it took me awhile to figure that out because I was still feeling the stretch and relax. I thought I was swinging correctly.

Has anyone consistently used a Planemate training aid for 1 year or more and if so how were your results so far
Consistently, NO but I just started the 7 day protocol again. I went from a 26 to 22 but I stopped using it during the season.

It is helpful if you have struggled with a Over the Top swing. It got me to feel what all the teachers always said "Shallow the CLUB!"
I do know that WHEN I was using it last year my swing was half way decent. I could see it in the ball flight. I had multiple people in my league comment about how much better I was playing last year.

It is a tool nothing but I think it can be very helpful, Which is why I am starting the 7 day protocol again.

I've been hitting every club in the bag well with the exception of driver. Lots of push cuts from the club being out of synch with my pivot. I started using the PM exclusively on my driver and I've started hitting some dead straight bombs. The arm run off that I get with driver is getting reduced and I'm able to keep the club and body more synchronized. Driver is feeling more like a weapon again and less likely a liability. Irons and wedges I don't have this problem since I make a more controlled swing.

I have it, and unfortunately I am lazy. However, I do use it to groove my short game, and it transfers to the mid/long irons. Once I get that drop it in the slot feeling it’s great.
I tend to use it for 20-30 min. Score every round just to get that stretch and club position and rotate the hands feeling. It certainly helps but, I need to be less of a couch potato and more of a student of the game. I am an 11, like to get to single digit this year.

I haven't used the product before. Using any external resistance and cues can help learn or change a movement. External cues have been the most successful for me. For fixing a path, this drill helped my downswing become more shallow:

Back