Play Ballyhack #15

One tee box up from the back tees, the white line is 270 yds. The fairway is over 50 yds wide at this point, to the left of the first bunker.

The red line runs out of fairway at 245 yds. This seems like a good option for a short knocker with a pronounced fade off the tee. 🤔

View attachment 9116614
The white line is previsely where I would be looking to go, plenty of room and if it is playing as far downhill as that then there should be some decent distance on the table. After that it's a case of surveying the scene, do I feel like going for it or is it a layup. Great looking hole!

I think there's a big tree blocking that route.

View attachment 9116578

This is the route I took. Got right to the edge of the fairway with a very nice drive. Had to hit a slight cut around the tree in front of me. Ended up in the 3rd bunker on the left side. Got out but missed the birdie putt ... easy par though on a fun hole that can possibly eat you up if you're not careful

1661952041657.png

This one would be interesting, one of those holes where I’d think “oh yeah, going for it” and then as I’m walking to the tee, that becomes “this is a bad idea” and switch. think I’d go driver left, but not trying to crush it or anything. Swing for the most fairway on the left side. Then maybe 7i and a wedge from there? Other option, personally, might be 3H off the tee for my own accuracy issues elsewhere, but no matter what I’m going for the left.

I like golf holes like this with real options.

I'd want to head left. I don't have the distance to make it to the right off the tee and I wouldn't trust a layup and then a second shot. My second shots are horrible.

Most likely I'd be in the chasm.:ROFLMAO:

I’m going to the right then hitting a nice 2h in. If it’s hit perfect I’m putting for eagle. If it comes up a little short I have an easy chip and putt for birdie. If the pin is back left, I’m just hoping for par and move on.
View attachment 9116561
I like this approach. I like having depth to my approach shots, as opposed to a wide green. So if I want to *gasp* lay up. I have room. Or even if I go for it I have some room for error as opposed to being short in those bunkers

D, 8i, PW seems prudent.

And disappointing.
I was thinking driver to the left fairway was the better route, but it's hard to argue with this line for the second shot from the lower right fairway, which also takes some of the front bunkers out of play:

1663960688860.png

I hit a 3h to this area twice. In the second round, I only had 206 to the front edge.

I was thinking driver to the left fairway was the better route, but it's hard to argue with this line for the second shot from the lower right fairway, which also takes some of the front bunkers out of play:

View attachment 9122701

I hit a 3h to this area twice. In the second round, I only had 206 to the front edge.

Pretty sure this pic led to birdie.

Needs more greenside bunkers. 🤣

Left side drive, layup away from trouble, then short iron/wedge to the green.
Yeah, about that…

Round 1, I took my own advice and drove it into the left side fairway, where I proceeded to chunk a hybrid into the thick stuff…ended up with bogey. Day 2, I decided to hit my 5 wood to the right side fairway, but the shot drew into the middle rough, and I once again chunked my second shot into the no-no zone. Still managed to bogey the hole.

Back