Play Ballyhack Hole #16

1660143030695.png

Driver toward the tree and middle of the green on the shot into it.

😬

Probably driver, 5W/hybrid for me, staying left the entire way. Ending up short on my approach shot wouldn’t be terrible, so I have to keep that in mind: going long looks bad on this hole.

Played from the 401-yd tee, a good drive toward the cart path will leave a look like this from 140-150 yds.

1663963356162.png

OH lets see...I put it in the junk to the right but luckily find the ball and it's not in the water. I try the hero shot which doesn't go well and lost the second ball into the hazard in front of the hole. Drop 3, leave 4 short on that false front. chip 5 on and 3 putt for my 8. Easy peesy

This is one of the few holes there I played consistently decent. Both days I hit a good drive with the TSR2 4W. First day I really crushed it, plus I rode the right side a bit more and was rewarded with only about 130 in, hit a good wedge and parred it. Second day I pulled the drive a little but was still on left side of fairway, left with about 170 in. Pulled the 6i a little and had a really slick short sided downhill chip I managed to keep on, 2 putted for bogey.

Really a great hole - but there are a lot of those at the Hack!

On day 2 I played a fade right at the left side bunkers and made it down most of the fairway (thank you TSR3). Came up just short of green on approach but hit a huge lag putt to leave a tap in par. Great hole here.

I love these threads. This course looks 1000 times more difficult than my local muni. What a challenge!

Back