Love this! Definitely need a series done once or twice a week! Definitely laying up before the water then try to land to the right with 5 iron........then probably 4 putt :cautious:

Lay up, lay up, wedge and try to 2 putt for a bogey.

My 3 hybrid I hit low and piercing and darn straight...My guess is this hole would be a pair of those. 240 carry is not in my bag.

Knowing that I don't have that guaranteed carry drive in my bag, I'd be laying up and hoping to get something onto the green to at least give me a putt, rather than having a large chance of ending up in the water!

3h to layup in front of water then a 5 or 6I into the trap on the left!

I would hit a knock down 4 iron on the tee and then hit a knock down 6 iron into the green. What is left of the trees on the left hand side? I might try going over they if it isn’t OB or you would get a terrible lie in 2 feet deep grass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would try and rip driver on the left side of the fairway and I were to miss, I would make it a left miss. I think I could get past the trees there. Laying up doesn’t make a lot of sense because Hitting 6 iron off the tee 7-8 iron isn’t ideal.

Frankly I hate the hole. I would have to lay up likely with a heaven wood or a knocked down 3W then if I have 170 to the green I would hit a 5 iron try to make 4 and get out of dodge.

The worst type of hole haha.

I’m laying up almost every time then hitting 6 iron.

1) I would go for the drive, almost always clear 240 but would probably slice into the trees. 2) Chip out to the fairway. 3) aim center green with a wedge and prob miss right. 4) Chip on 10 ft away 5-6) 2 Putt

On a side note, it is a poorly designed hole if the majority of golfers can't clear the water with their drives. It's a par 4, not a par 5. A par 4 by its very nature should be able to be reached in regulation by most golfers.

Hybrid off the tee into the stiff wind. Probably leave myself in the 160s area, so 6 iron in and then it's an easy chip-putt-putt-putt for double.

So I am reading cross breeze on the tee shot. That means if I lay up I would be extra cautious and probably leave myself a longer approach with wind in my face then I want. I am going for it with my driver off the tee. I am aiming right at that bunker in the middle of the fairway and letting it rip. The breeze should hopefully move it just enough to miss the bunker if I happen to smoke a really long drive and still leave me in the fairway. From there, depending on the actual yardage and how stiff the wind is, I am probably going soft PW or full GW and into the wind. It could also be a soft GW if the wind isn’t too stiff. From there, I am hopefully on the green and dropping that birdie.

Is that a proper hole? It looks like someone has just added water with miscrosoft paint. I agree with the earlier comment about poorly designed hole if it’s real. I certainly would have to lay up, and then almost certainly lay up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Layup for me.

Obviously the amount of wind dictates the shots, but probably a 5 iron just short of the water and 7 or 8 iron into the green. One or two putts for bird or par.

I'd just bomb a nice high fade onto green then 3 putt. ?:ROFLMAO:

Much would depend on how I was playing that day. If it's hole 1, I'd likely play it as a 3 shot hole. Otherwise, if I'm hitting driver well, then I'd have no issue carrying that with driver. If I'm not hitting driver well, I might hit a choked 5wd and a 5i into the green. All this could change with tee position and wind speed.

Where is this hole?
Good question, looks like a weird choice for a golf course designer. I'd design it at 200 to clear the water or make the water lateral

Probably trying to hit something like 6 iron and 6 iron. Not sure I can take on that water with the driver.

Almost no chance I carry it 240 into the wind so I would probably play two 4 hybrids. 5 wood would be a little risky off the tee as it may bring the front of the water into play if I flush it.

I am definitely not carrying the water so going to lay up before the water and probably a 5 to 6 iron in.

Back