Plan A: 6 iron, 6 iron, 2 putt // par
Plan B: 6 iron, pitching wedge, sand wedge, 1 putt // par

Plan B with 2 putts is more likely!

For me it's lay up to the water. There's nothing in my bag that can carry it... so that would be maybe a 6i off the tee. I'd tee it low because of the wind and I always tee my irons low anyway... and unintentionally hit a worm burning stinger. Second shot is another 6i hoping I carry the second water hazard. If not, drop on the other side, AW for shot 4 onto the green and then 3 putt.

Depends on the situation but Stiff wind in the face means lay up and hit a 6-7 iron in for approach.

23* hybrid to lay up and 5-6 iron depending on how the wind is howling.

Few ways this goes down for me

super hopeful
Driver, carry the water, wedge, birdie for a hero hole

hopeful
Driver, carry the water, wedge, 2 putt par or up and down for par

high percentage
Driver, carry the water, wedge, miss green, make bogey after bad chip

not out of the realm of possibility also high percentage
Driver in the water, drop hit 3 into water short of the green, drop hit 5 to about 35 ft and 2 putt for a 7. Golf is hard

Plan A: 6 iron, 6 iron, 2 putt // par
Plan B: 6 iron, pitching wedge, sand wedge, 1 putt // par

Plan B with 2 putts is more likely!

Player C: 6 iron, wedge into the water, drop, hitting 4, miss the green, 5 chip on, 2-putt for a fun filled 7 (y)

5 iron off tee and depending on wind either the 5 again or something less down to 7/8 iron

Tough one. It I am driving well, 240 carry is very doable. That would be my first choice if conditions were good. Given how the green is protected by water front and back and bunkers, I would rather have the shorter approach shot. My backup would be a 180 tee shot. That would leave a 175 yard approach shot. I would play for middle-right of green thinking long and right for bailing out.

Because of the wind this is a layup off the tee. To be followed by a mid iron to the green. Off the tee I would try to get as close to the water as possible, reducing the distance required of the approach shot.

Driver off the tee over the water. Not saying I'm going to end up in the fairway every time, but it's how I would play it.

Driver, if I hit it straight it will carry. Most likely I’ll hit it right and I’ll be on the other fairway and 140 out.
I’m curios about the left side though. It looks like a possibility of playing down the left side?

Unless its a strong wind into me I'm hitting driver and flighted wedge into the green. If its a strong wind then probably 6 iron off the tee and and an 8 into the green.

Depends on the strength of the wind. Off the tee I would probably hit 4 iron and lay up in front of the water, then probably a 5 or 6 iron into the green. Of course I'm assuming 2 well struck shots, but that would be dictated by the way the round is going. In all honesty it would probably be , "one in the water, drop 2, chunk 3 into the water, drop 4, hit 5 short, 6 to chip on and walk away with a 2 putt for a glorious 8 !":rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

I'd be happy to play it 6i tee -> 7i approach, but if my driver was already en fuego that day I'd probably take a lash at it.

Laying up off the tee with a 5 hyb and then another iron shot into the green.

Option 1: Driver, 60 deg/56 deg
Option 2: 6i, 6i

More than likely, its option 1 as my normal shot shape off the tee is a draw. I probably would launch it right over the center of hte pond and draw it back to the left.

If its a lot of wind or I am not hitting the driver well that day, option 2.

I'd have to layup just short of the water off the tee and then (based upon just how hard it's blowing that day) choose the appropriate iron into the green. If it's really howling or I mishit my tee shot a bit I might even opt to lay up with my second shot.

Laying up. I don't have 240 anymore.

Are we talking two club ocean breeze?

in that case. 4H to be safe. Then 4H second. To 54*\8i chip. Two putt bogey. If all goes well.
If goes great, one putt par.

4/5 hybrid off the tee to stay out of the water; 3/4 hyb if the wind is blowing.

160-185 directly into a strong wind? I'd probably have to use one of those clubs again.

Very unique hole, but I probably would be best to play like a par five.

Hit a long iron or hybrid short of water. Then an 8 or 9 iron, short of the water. Leaving what looks like a sand-wedge into the green. I still have a chance at par with a good wedge shot.

Everything in our favor:

Perfect drive, I carry 250. So go for it. Leave G/A/U wedge to green. I normally I’ll F up second shot after great drive. But I said all perfect. So hit green pin high. Leaving 6-10 ft. 2 putt par. Even if perfect I’ll leave a birdie short so ...par.

Just one layup on the drive.
Go for it on second shot.
Can't club myself without being there.

Back