That course has some killer holes on it. 2 can brutal like you say. 10 I believe is that par 5 where you can hit fairway/hybrid up and over the trees on the right side and be perfectly fine because of how the fairway runs.

And then 11 is 200 yard par 3 over water. And 13 is a par 5 with water down the left where you have to hit it through a chute.
Its not long, but man is the course tough. And to top it all off, there isn't a yard of roll off the tee anywhere on the course.

Super Hybrid short then 7 iron in...

Of course moving to the 2nd, which is a brutal par 5 and then the 3rd which is a near island hole doesn't make it any easier haha

i'm struggling to understand why we always play that course haha

First tee of the day with trouble both directions... 3w and most likely 9i to the hole.

i'm struggling to understand why we always play that course haha

The challenge makes the man...Or in our case, makes us look foolish.

What course is this? I would love to look it up?
Seconded.

Looks like 3W, PW/GW for me. I could go down to a 4-iron off the tee if the wind was howling or something, but statistically, my first tee shot is my most accurate.

And I'd reeeeally want to see me or someone in my group hit what they think is a good approach and end up in that little cluster of palms, because that looks like all kinds of fun.

3 wood, 9 iron anf hopefully 2 putts for a par.

Either a 4H or a 3H off the tee, aiming at the bunker on the left, hopefully leaving around 120-130 into the green.

Driver for me. Water’s on the right so I wouldn’t expect it to be an issue for me. Don’t know what I’d be hitting into the green. I should hit balls before the first tee, but I never do, so I wouldn’t expect the tee shot to be up there with my longest.

And then 11 is 200 yard par 3 over water. And 13 is a par 5 with water down the left where you have to hit it through a chute.
Its not long, but man is the course tough. And to top it all off, there isn't a yard of roll off the tee anywhere on the course.

What course is this! It sounds like a brutal 18!

I could see after playing this course a couple times I may loosen up and get more comfortable with a more aggressive play. As is, and being the first time. For sure an utility 2 off the tee.

My driver is about 250 max and I hit it as straight as anything in the bag. I would hit driver which would leave me about 115-125 in and hit a PW which I hit 115-120 max. The landing area looks reasonably wide although penal on both sides. I could hit 3w which is about 220 then I would need a 7 or 8 iron in but I hit driver straight enough that for me that is the play and the trap is still out of reach for me.

That course has some killer holes on it. 2 can brutal like you say. 10 I believe is that par 5 where you can hit fairway/hybrid up and over the trees on the right side and be perfectly fine because of how the fairway runs.

Yes. You can basically start a ball on 10 right at that fairway bunker in the distance and bleed it 40yds and still be fine.

I hate this opening hole so much. Hybrid or 21 degree off the tee, short iron in. The question is am I hitting it and watching it hook towards the road, or did I get underneath plane and bring on the block right into the water?

Geez, nothing like screwing with ya in the first hole.

I hardly ever hit balls before I tee off, but this hole for me begins on the range. You better be loose and accurate.
Depending on how I hit 3 wood or hybrid off the tee would determine the club I'd use. More than likely, it would
be Hybrid, 9i/PW if it all went well.

If not, I go knock on the door of the house there and ask if they have any Bourbon.

Westchase Golf Club. It's cruel and unusual in that you can go low out there, but it's not rated very difficult so a round of a couple over par bumps your handicap up. Totally fair :rolleyes:

The rating on that course is a joke.
Because there are what, maybe 2-3 legit birdie holes out there. The rest are a chance and a prayer?

Is this guy the designer?

Id probably pull my hybrid as its a 235 club and also my least likely club to push right

The rating on that course is a joke.
Because there are what, maybe 2-3 legit birdie holes out there. The rest are a chance and a prayer?

4 is a must birdie hole, cause that’s maybe the only easy chance you have left on the front. You might squeak one in but it’s cause you knocked in a putt.

10 with a wedge, that’s a hard green to hit in two. 12, 13 can be eagleable. 18 feels 50/50 on birdie chances. The rest, you’re either flagging it in pure accident or you’re making putts

Hmmm...have I hit the range and feel good about myself? Since the answer is probably no, I'm hitting 4-wood about 165-170, then a wedge to the right of the bunker, then a wedge on, and two putt.

Jeez, by my count this is hole #7.. Do you have to hit it over the trees, or play some kind of rope hook to get to the green? Or are those just shadows? Regardless, looks like a narrow entry to the green.

1591196325769.png

Jeez, by my count this is hole #7.. Do you have to hit it over the trees, or play some kind of rope hook to get to the green? Or are those just shadows? Regardless, looks like a narrow entry to the green.

View attachment 8947191

It's hole 7, yes. No not really, that's shadow mostly coming into play but those trees do block out some of the front left view. I don't know why, but I swear this hole always plays longer than stated. I don't know if it's cause it looks shorter than what it says so you try and baby it, or if the wind swirls in the trees more than you think.

It's hole 7, yes. No not really, that's shadow mostly coming into play but those trees do block out some of the front left view. I don't know why, but I swear this hole always plays longer than stated. I don't know if it's cause it looks shorter than what it says so you try and baby it, or if the wind swirls in the trees more than you think.

Always plays longer, because as with most of the course, there isn't a yard of roll out there. You either draw it a round the trees or hit a straight ball to the right hand side. That is a very hard golf hole, especially if pin is not in front right.

Back