Driver, wedge.
3 wood, 9 iron
3 hybrid, 7 iron

it would be one of those three options depending on how I’m feeling.

It is hard to visualize. But my initial thinking is 4i off tee (210-225 yards) and then 140-160 yard approach (Wedge to 8i range) middle of green.

Plenty of room for driver or 3wood, but I would need to see it from the tee box to know how I felt about that approach. The benefit would be a short wedge with more options to think about pin location.

I would love to play this course. I tend to play my best golf when forced to focus and play a bit of target golf.

That looks like it needs to be shifted to the 18th hole. That is a really difficult opener requiring a lot of precision.

I'm aiming driver down right side and fade it back to fairway, hopefully.

4H and 8-9-PWish, depending.

I'm gonna top a 3wd off the tee, then hit another 3wd cut into the green, then 3 putt for a bogey.

I'm not the longest player so driver off the tee every time. Then wedge or short iron in. No need to overthink or complicate things. And if I was a big hitter I would still probably hit driver as it appears the longer you go the wider it gets.

I'm not the longest player so driver off the tee every time. Then wedge or short iron in. No need to overthink or complicate things. And if I was a big hitter I would still probably hit driver as it appears the longer you go the wider it gets.

It actually narrows a bit around the bunker.

I would hit a smooth driver about 265 yards and that would leave me a 54* wedge to the middle of the green with a birdie opportunity.

I am probably going 4 iron 9 iron setup unless the driver is feeling perfect that day, then driver and 56. Looks simple but could definitely start a round off in the wrong direction.

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

5 wood off the tee with a PW hopefully into the green.

5w out to 240/250 leaving 120-130ish to the green ( PW )

OR

3H to 225ish leaving 150-160 in ( 8i )

It is less than 400 yards, so there is no reason for me to hit driver. 4 iron and 8 iron would be the likely play, although that tee shot would make me pretty nervous because my opening shots tend to go a bit left while I dial in the path. God knows I wouldn't want to hit this without warming up.

I would hit a smooth driver about 265 yards and that would leave me a 54* wedge to the middle of the green with a birdie opportunity.

Smooth drive carries 265? Wow!
As mentioned earlier, there is no roll here.

no roll means I MIGHT get 240-250 out of my driver then...

Driver/7iron... maybe I'll be on the green in 2. Most likely I'll be across the road looking for my ball... but an easy swing with my driver should keep it towards the center of the fairway.

If I was feeling good about my swing I'd go driver/8i. If I wasn't feeling so confident, I'd probably take the coward's way out and play it as a par 5, to try to take the big number out of play - 5h off the tee, gap wedge, and 54° onto the green.

And at sea level/heavy air, that’s a thump. I smooth a driver and it’s going a sketchy 210 at best. I may still be in the road on 1 😂

Always plays longer, because as with most of the course, there isn't a yard of roll out there. You either draw it a round the trees or hit a straight ball to the right hand side. That is a very hard golf hole, especially if pin is not in front right.
I'm looking at it, and at that distance (shows 164yds) it doesn't seem like the trees would be an issue with where they are in relation to the green and the tee. Do people that get the ball up really have to fight them?

Also 69.9 128?! They seem to be expecting a LOT from people for almost 6700 and a lot of hazards. Joke seems like the right word indeed. Yeesh.

I'm not very long, that fairway trap isn't even in my zipcode so I'd be hitting driver. I have a controlled under the wind sawed off finish swing with driver that costs me at most 15 yards. It's a real consistent shot for me so that fairway is plenty wide enough. Hopefully hit it decent enough to leave myself a short iron in.

4I off the tee, then 8I into the green and keep fingers crossed that we're on the money...

Plan would be Hybrid and then PW, but execution? Who the hell knows?

Given the minimal rollout and my 'typical' Florida drive per Game Golf, the first time I play it would be with a driver. That should leave a 9i to the green.

Last edited:
Back