Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Brutal course. 76.6/144. The snow was extremely heavy, deep, and hazards were everywhere. All the holes were extremely long as the snow banks were very high. Each approach shot required a good 30 to 40 foot walk with a heavily laden shovel to find a place to deposit the snow.

Also had to hit a lot of roof rake shots. Tough too as I had to venture in the yard where the snow was thigh deep, but I was able to maintain my balance and not succumb to the hazards. Unfortunately the shots were necessary as we didn't want any ice dams.

It was a long round...about three and a half hours...and some sore muscles.

I bet you are one tired arse old man!

I think it was his way of saying that he just finished shovelling and worked his butt off :alien:

Brutal course. 76.6/144. The snow was extremely heavy, deep, and hazards were everywhere. All the holes were extremely long as the snow banks were very high. Each approach shot required a good 30 to 40 foot walk with a heavily laden shovel to find a place to deposit the snow.

Also had to hit a lot of roof rake shots. Tough too as I had to venture in the yard where the snow was thigh deep, but I was able to maintain my balance and not succumb to the hazards. Unfortunately the shots were necessary as we didn't want any ice dams.

I played that same "course" today! :bad:

I think it was his way of saying that he just finished shovelling and worked his butt off :alien:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, as you know we don't see that too much down here and when we do we just stay inside until it melts. :D

hmmmmmmmm

My round wasn't as bad. Of course I was night putting yesterday so I was a little more prepared.

This the second time this week I have heard the term 'roof rake'. My co-worker's father broke his over the weekend up in Connecticut.

I decided to sit it out this week and let my teenager play instead

Maybe all the weather talk belongs in the appropriate threads. It gets mighty confusing when people are searching.

I played that same "course" today! :bad:
Fun, eh? lol

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, as you know we don't see that too much down here and when we do we just stay inside until it melts. :D
I can't wait until April Dawg!

My round wasn't as bad. Of course I was night putting yesterday so I was a little more prepared.
Me too! Didn't help though...

This the second time this week I have heard the term 'roof rake'. My co-worker's father broke his over the weekend up in Connecticut.
Not good...I hope he can get another one.

I decided to sit it out this week and let my teenager play instead
My teen was my partner...he doesn't seem to like to play either. LOL

Maybe all the weather talk belongs in the appropriate threads. It gets mighty confusing when people are searching.
You're just jealous that we get to play courses like this up north and you don't. :)

we don't have to play many "rounds" here where i am.

My round lasted just over 4 hours. This included nearly putting my power cart into the swimming pool, the wind was so strong all night the edge of the pool was no longer visible due to the drifting sand and I put both wheels over the edge but managed to pull it back before it went all the way. (Note to self place some tall stakes to mark edge of water hazard next fall.) Met new neighbor who was out for a walk and stopped to admire how well my power cart threw the fine white stuff off the fairway out into the rough. I need to get in better shape before season gets into full swing as my legs are killing me, maybe a riding cart rather than walk behind would be the answer.

My round lasted just over 4 hours. This included nearly putting my power cart into the swimming pool, the wind was so strong all night the edge of the pool was no longer visible due to the drifting sand and I put both wheels over the edge but managed to pull it back before it went all the way. (Note to self place some tall stakes to mark edge of water hazard next fall.) Met new neighbor who was out for a walk and stopped to admire how well my power cart threw the fine white stuff off the fairway out into the rough. I need to get in better shape before season gets into full swing as my legs are killing me, maybe a riding cart rather than walk behind would be the answer.

Didn't anyone tell you? Serious golfers don't use carts!

Maybe you would be in better shape if this were a sport. hehehe

Didn't anyone tell you? Serious golfers don't use carts!

It was the pits had to gas up the power cart midround as it ran out of gas even though I started with a full tank. Never had that happen before, we got a lot of snow here, just glad we didn't get ice with it.

I also played 18 today. Good thing I have a push cart to get through the course.

Haha... read the title and was about to get really jealous. But then read your post, and suddenly, was not jealous at all.

Back