Played a replica course (Pic Heavy)

djt311

The 2024 GOLFTEC Experience at GrayBull
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
On Saturday I was able to play a replica course in Wisconsin (Northern Bay). 6 of the holes were replicas of some famous holes throughout the US. For still being spring in Wisconsin and the weather we have had lately in MN/WI the course was in pretty good shape. Would love to see it in peak season. I got to play as a single and it was not very busy at all, this is a resort course and no one is really staying there yet. I played 18 in about 3 hours and I wasn't rushing just playing steady golf. I did play through 1 foursome but didn't see anyone after that. I have not been playing well lately and struggling to get anything under the 90s so wasn't sure how I would play. I ended up playing pretty well for me so far this year. Shot a 42 on the front and 45 on the back from the white tees which were at 6,419 yards. Thought I would share some pictures of the holes. It was a blast and very beautiful but was a bit breezy which made things more challenging. If I am ever out that way again would definitely play, for the spring rates 59 dollars was a steel and that includes range balls.

Hole #3: Augusta National #16 (known as Redbud). Played at 164yds and got on in 1 and 2 putted for a par
Hole 3.jpg
Hole #4: Oakland Hills # 5, played at 442 yds. Driver, 5 iron, sw, 1 putt for a par

Hole 4 .jpgHole 4 pic 2.jpg
Hole #6: Firestone #16 South course. Played 565 yds, Driver, 6 iron, 5 iron, 2 putts for a par
Hole 5.jpgHole 5 pic.jpg
Hole #10: TPC Sawgrass #17. Played 127 yds. First attempt used a 9 iron and came up about a yd short, there was a good wind that just stalled the ball. Grabbed the 8 and went long chipped on 1 putt for a 5 ouch.
Hole 10.jpg
Hole 10 pic.jpg
Hole 11 August National #13 (Known as Azalea) Played a 455. Driver, 6 iron, sw and 1 putt for a birdie. Such a good hole
Hole 11.jpg
Hole 11 pic.jpg
Hole 11 pic 2.jpg
Hole 11 pic 3.jpg
Hole #12 Oakmont #3: Played 392 yards. Driver, thinned 7 iron that went long add a penalty, SW and 2 putts for a bogey
Hole 12.jpg
Hole 12 pic.jpg
Hole 12 pic 2.jpg
Hole #18: Bay Hill #18. Played 430 yds. Driver, 5 iron on in 2 but a long ways from the hole, 3 putts on a ridiculously slopped green for a bogey
Hole 18 .jpg
Hole 18 pic.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty cool to see one of these, I think they had one in Dallas area that a delayed flight made me miss opportunity to play. I'm a fan as a fun round.

Nice review! I played Northern Bay once and it became one of my favorite courses in Wisconsin.

I recall I played it in June, and the colors of the Augusta holes were more vivid than they appear in your pix.

I thought most of the original (non-replica) holes were pretty good, too. My playing partner and I were playing the back tees, so we forgot to move up to play TPC 17 at its championship length. But, we both parred it.

Nice review! I played Northern Bay once and it became one of my favorite courses in Wisconsin.

I recall I played it in June, and the colors of the Augusta holes were more vivid than they appear in your pix.

I thought most of the original (non-replica) holes were pretty good, too. My playing partner and I were playing the back tees, so we forgot to move up to play TPC 17 at its championship length. But, we both parred it.

Yea I am sure it only gets nicer the warmer it gets. I enjoyed all the non replica holes as well. Not a bad hole on the course. Score would have been way higher playing off the tips that's for sure.

Pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing & nice shooting!

Pretty cool to see one of these, I think they had one in Dallas area that a delayed flight made me miss opportunity to play. I'm a fan as a fun round.

We have two in the metroplex. Tour 18 has holes from US courses, and The Tribute are from Scotland.

We have two in the metroplex. Tour 18 has holes from US courses, and The Tribute are from Scotland.
Yep thats it Tour 18. Really bummed i missed that one during a work trip.

Very cool! Those church pew bunkers are insane, I would love to play a hole with those someday. Thanks for posting!

Nice, man. I live about 90 minutes from there and have played Northern Bay about once a year for the last several years. It’s a solid course with some fun holes. That third hole can be treacherous when the pin is in the front, just above the false front. Haven’t seen it there since my first time, but I recall my buddy hitting the green past the pin and walking off with a 7. First putt rolled off the green and had a couple roll back to his feet.

Looks like a good time! I played a similar course in South Carolina years ago. It was lot of fun to play replicas of some of the most famous holes in golf.

wow thats so cool. would love to play something like that some day

That's pretty cool man

We played there last summer and it's a lot of fun. Glad you enjoyed it and great pictures.

That's a great looking course, looks like it would be a lot of fun to play!

That looks like a fun place for a round of golf!

It's a fun place. I've played there 3 or 4 times!!!

how'd you like 18 at Bayhill? What a beast into the wind!!!

It's a fun place. I've played there 3 or 4 times!!!

how'd you like 18 at Bayhill? What a beast into the wind!!!

Luckily wasn't fighting the wind too much on that hole, on in 2 and 3 putted, lots of slope on that green.

Very cool. I played the World Tour course in Myrtle Beach a while back that has 27 replica holes and it’s cool to play some of the famous holes around the world I’d probably never see otherwise.

Nice pics. Looks like a great place to visit.

Looks like a really fun course. I enjoy these types of design!

Looks like a fun course to play. I love the landscape with the large trees. We dont see those types of trees down in Texas.

Big fan of replicas courses, this one looks amazing!!

Back