Played The Golf Club of Georgia today

chewie69

Reaction score
Handicap
I played in a charity 4-person scramble today at Golf Club of Georgia (72.6 / 141, 6552 yds). The course was immaculate and is completely private, so I took it all in as I will probably never golf there again. The range was very strange, in that we were hitting off mats that had some bounce to them. It felt like I sunk down 1/8 inch when stepping on them and I really did not have a good footting. After warming up a little, we go to our carts and find out we had caddies for each foursome, which was a whole different experience.

Is it bad when the first thing the other two guys we were paired say, "I hope you guys can play." They tell us they never go to the range and only play about 3 times a year, and my boss has not picked up a club since we played this tournament last year. Now, I am not an awesome golfer by any means, but is it so wrong to at least be paired just one time with someone at least at my level. The first few holes I was hitting last, and more times than not I would have the shot with the pressure on to either hit the fairway or the green. After those I tried to hit second or third, to take some of the pressure off and just hit my shot, and it helped. I had a birdie on one of the par fours, since we took every ball I hit, and a couple other birdies and multiple pars, where I hit the drive and the green, just wasn't the one to putt it in. It was a very productive day chipping and putting, which I am happy for, otherwise I hate to think what we would have shot.

We by no means won, and I really did enjoy playing the course, just a little frustrating. Sorry, I did not take any pics. I was so focused on making sure we had a ball in play that it never crossed my mind. It is a tough course, and ranked #10 in GA by Golf Digest, and I would play it again if given the chance. Sorry for the rambling.

Stinks that you didn't get to enjoy the course

Stinks that you didn't get to enjoy the course

Yeah well. Just trying to help the team, but I did golf decent. And, I got 3 $75 Callaway gift cards.

That's rough.....

I forgot to add. I walked in to the locker room off the pro shop and the men's locker room had its own bar and restaurant in it, and it was two stories. We literally walked through the doors, and had to look back at the sign to see if we were headed in the right direction.

Back