Player you want to win their first Major the most?

Rickie Fowler for sure. I just like him, he's cool.

It’s Rickie for me but Finau and Fleetwood are in a tie for a close second.

Definitely Rickie, although I have to say I’m starting to lose hope a bit....

Tommy Fleetwood. Just always been a fan of his and I knew if I said Ian Poulter (hi @PKorf ), this thread would probably explode. Haha

For me it’s......not Rickie actually, instead I’m in the camp of REALLY wanting to see Finau get one. I just like everything about him.
I can agree with Finau. The other would be Harry Higgs. I don’t know I just like the guy.

Matt Kuchar

Rickie, Finau, Na are great answers.

I’d add Morikawa to the list...seems like a good kid and his swing is classic.

Mark Leishman. Solid player for many years, seems like a genuine guy, and has been in the mix in majors before.

Xander Schauffele is close to finishing one off, hope he does so soon...
Tony Finau needs to find that killer instinct and get it done!

Nate Lashley

Horschel, he's got game and is a class act.
Rickie because duh.
Kisner, has the game and should 2 or 3. (same for Fleetwood.)

It has to be Rickie, great player, loved by both players, fans, media and sponsors, he deserves to pit this BPWAM tag.

I’m preaching to the choir I know but Rickie. How can you not love the guy...he embodies character and how people should treat others

For me it’s......not Rickie actually, instead I’m in the camp of REALLY wanting to see Finau get one. I just like everything about him.

I second Finau. I have met him, and he is as genuine as he appears. always smiling and happy.

my second choice would be Morikowa. I just really like that kid for some reason.

Matt Kuchar
Kuch is another one who slipped under my radar. I thought for sure he'd won at least one major, but google-fu tells me it was the Players Championship. Would definitely like to see him chalk one up.

Finau. His story is amazing. I was reading (audiobook listening) to Marty Smith’s book and he has a whole chapter on Finau’s story. Incredible. His relationship with his father, used to hit into a mattress hung in the garage with his brother, and learned to gauge distance with the sound it would make in impact, struggling to make the tour and busting through, so many great details. All with a positive attitude. Amazing.

Rickie, love his swing, his finish is just fun to watch, looks like he's making every putt, great attitude, he's just so damn close. Some great #2's from everybody, Finau, Na, Fleetwood, Rahm, Kisner, love watching all these guys play. Geez, almost forgot Kooooooch!!

My first thought is Larry the Cable Guy but otherwise I would jump on the bandwagon and say Rickie, Finau or Na.
I think a Rickie major would be great for the game as well.

Last edited:
Rickie first.

Finau soon. Kisner is another.

Hovland in a few years.

Can you just imagine the party if Na did win though?

It would be really cool to see Lee Westwood win a major. His putting woes were really bad at the 16 Ryder Cup. He has changed his attitude.

Im in the same boat with seeing Westwood win one. Dude was legit for so long but just couldn’t finish on Sunday.

While I expect to see some hatred comments, but I wouldn’t mind seeing Poulter win one!

Im in the same boat with seeing Westwood win one. Dude was legit for so long but just couldn’t finish on Sunday.

While I expect to see some hatred comments, but I wouldn’t mind seeing Poulter win one!
I would like to see Poults win one too. He is a horse in the Ryder Cup. Conor Moore would absolutely love Ian winning one too! 😂

I would love to see Tony get one, but my preference would absolutely be Rickie.

Dude needs to load up on CBD gum for the weekend or something hahaha

Back