Nappy

2024 Shaft Up #1 with UST Mamiya
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
PBR
I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoys playing alone, rather than a group? There's a course outside of town here that rarely gets many players - mostly because its just 9 holes and it doesn't get kept up the best, but its cheap and its quiet so I usually prefer going there.

I just feel like I'm a better golfer when I'm playing by myself with zero distractions. I focus on each shot more and there's less pressure to try and outdrive or hit or better shot than your partner. The only downside is I usually play well or hit some great shots and there's no proof - or no one to verify I actually did what I did :banghead:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not full blown anti-social, and I love competition - I just really seem to play my best w/o anyone else around.

Playing alone once in a while is OK, but I'd rather be out there with others.

I prefer to play with a friend or 2, but play just as many if not more rounds alone. I like course and player competition and I have the same course you describe 10 minutes from me but its 18.

it's nice to play by yourself (no, not like that)...especially after work. i've found myself playing 9 holes after work to ease the mind before i head home. :)

Playing alone once in a while is OK, but I'd rather be out there with others.

+1

I like to PRACTICE alone or at least with minimal distractions. But playing is more fun with others (they also double as "witnesses" too).

I like playing alone more than being paired with total strangers, but I'd definitely rather go with friends or family.

I, too, prefer playing by myself. However, I have trouble tracking my ball, even when it's a rare straight shot. Therefore, I choose to play with a partner more often than not.

it's nice to play by yourself (no, not like that)...especially after work. i've found myself playing 9 holes after work to ease the mind before i head home. :)

I totally agree.

I don't neccessarily play my best when I'm alone, but I have shot my two low rounds of the year alone (81/79). I also seem to play better when I play with a couple guys (usually 2) from my golf team. They are both about 4 HCP and it inspires me to play even better!

I don't neccessarily play my best when I'm alone, but I have shot my two low rounds of the year alone (81/79). I also seem to play better when I play with a couple guys (usually 2) from my golf team. They are both about 4 HCP and it inspires me to play even better!

That brings up another topic (which I'm sure has been brought up on this forum somewhere) which is: "Would you rather play with golfers who are better than you are?

My answer to that would be "As often as I could". I learn so much when I play with someone who is better at the game (or even just some part of it) than me and it DOES push me to try harder and eventually play better myself.

I work nights, so I have been going out in the afternoons before work and playing alone. I have been enjoying it, I really go into work in a great mood. Although I work 12 hour shifts so adding 2 hours of golf make for a long day.

Still prefer to play with friends but Golf is great either way.

I am content either way and really makes no difference.

Sent from my Tapatalk!

+1

I like to PRACTICE alone or at least with minimal distractions. But playing is more fun with others (they also double as "witnesses" too).

I play by myself at least 4 times per month and that is my greatest fear, that I will finally get that elusive HIO and will not have a witness.

I am just the opposite, I play better when someone else is playing. I guess it's because I am a very competitive person and I want to beat whoever it is that is playing with me.

If I'm struggling badly, I'll always go out and play a round or as many holes are possible a few evenings before dark just to clear my head and focus more on just the game of golf rather than playing golf, talking about other things, competition,etc.

I usually play better when i am alone.... shot my 2 best rounds alone. Luckily i shot just as well later with friends so they could verify my low score. But lately even when i have gone out alone and got paired up with someone else the guys i've played with were cool and was fun to just chat while playing. Plus since i like to play new courses i havn't played before its always nice to have someone whos played there before to give you a hole layout so youre not ending up in that bunker you can't see from the tees.

I love playing on my own, especially when I'm working on my game. If the course is slow, it's nice to drop a few balls in different spots and play different shots. It's always nice to enjoy the peace and quiet from time to time.

I am what some would call a sunrise guy. At least once a week you will find me on the course early in the morning leaving footprints, and ball tracks on the dewy Greens. Seems no one else likes to play that early, but I really enjoy it. West to east fairways can be a bit of a hassle, but I do OK. My other weekly round is with a few of the club regulars, but seldom the same ones as I mix up the days I go.

I love to play alone. No waiting. I can play a round in 1.5 hours, maybe less, by myself.

I love playing on my own, especially when I'm working on my game. If the course is slow, it's nice to drop a few balls in different spots and play different shots. It's always nice to enjoy the peace and quiet from time to time.

same here! I have no issues going out solo. I enjoy working on my game and dropping a few balls in the bunkers and working on different types of shots.

same here! I have no issues going out solo. I enjoy working on my game and dropping a few balls in the bunkers and working on different types of shots.

I completely agree. It's nice after work to squeeze nine in when you can and later on the weekends when you have time it's nice to not feel rushed and take your time and hit a few extra shots that you wouldn't normally get the chance to practice. Really helps your work on real shots on the course as opposed to just on the range or chipping green. I have no problems playing solo but I definitely love the company of others while playing as well.

I really enjoy playing by myself occasionally. I almost always shoot a better score because I take my time reading putts and really thinking about every shot.

I don't mind playing by myself. I would rather play with a group though.

i love playing golf with...
1 my family
2a my friends
2b really hot chicks
3 co workers
4 alone
5 strangers(unless they fall into the 2b category)

Back