i like to play alone as well. gives you time to think, relax, practice and concentrate on your game and your game only.

i do always fear the dreaded "hole in one while playing by yourself" though....:dohanim:

I enjoy playing alone when the course is clear and I can get in the zone and just focus on each shot without breaks. If the course is busy, I'd much rather play with others so it doesn't seem like more waiting than playing; I usually play best when I'm not sitting around much between shots/holes. On the other hand, if I'm playing poorly, I need to be in a group to keep me focused and not lose my temper lol!

I don't do well playing alone....I have a hard time keeping my head down because I am always looking up for ball so I don't lose it.

In LA playing alone is tough. The courses are so packed and you're already waiting on so many holes, it just doesn't happen unless you hit a real slow period super early or during the week. That being said, I like having someone to shoot the s#!+ with while we walk the fairways. (or search the rough for our wayward shots!)

In LA playing alone is tough. The courses are so packed and you're already waiting on so many holes, it just doesn't happen unless you hit a real slow period super early or during the week. That being said, I like having someone to shoot the s#!+ with while we walk the fairways. (or search the rough for our wayward shots!)

Same with me. I enjoy playing with someone else. Or maybe bc I never get the chance to play alone I'm just not used to it! The husband plays a local 9 hole that plays around 3,000 yards (not a pitch and put) that he can walk alone, but he likes company too. I think I'm too paranoid about safety to play alone as well.

As someone who travels constantly I often play alone. I enjoy it more than playing with others, but tend to play better when there's something riding on the game.

I hate playing alone. I would prefer to play with just about anyone rather than alone. There is an inherent social aspect to the game which is lost when playing alone. I find that I lose interest quickly when I'm alone. The round just has no meaning. I've played in groups of 2, 3, 4, and (rarely) 5, with friends or strangers, and they are all better than going solo.

The best format I've played is a simple match. Just me and a friend, not counting total strokes, but playing match play, hole by hole. This is how the game began in the linksland sheep pastures of Scotland, and for me it's still the best way to play. I'm ok with stroke play, but it doesn't give me the same feeling of mano y mano that match play does.

I only really play on my on once in a while, last week i played 8 holes on my own as i got let down by someone 5 minutes before we were due to tee off. Usually i will practice on my own though, need to get a mp3 player though as i get bored easily and maybe that would help.

Its much easier to sit on my arse when i get home from work that get motivated to hit golf balls on my own it must be said.

i do always fear the dreaded "hole in one while playing by yourself" though....:dohanim:

I thought I might have hit one a short par 4 a couple years ago and I really contimplated running down the cart girl that had passed by 10 min before just in case.:D

One of my goals is to play with the same relaxed feel in a group as I do when playing alone. I play some of my best golf as a single, but that makes it one of those "does a falling tree make a sound if no one is there to hear" situtaions. It's always gratifying to play good golf, but it's more satisying to do it in a group.

I enjoy playing with others, but I'd have to say that i play by myself more often than not. I usually play in the neighborhood of 27 to 36 holes per outing and i get really frustrated waiting on others. If i play with someone, it's usually planned and i look forward to it.

I enjoy playing with friends and family but that is infrequent at most. I play solo as much as possible, I play pretty quickly and like to get as many holes in as I can at twilite. Playing with strangers has been a joke so far this year so I'm apprehensive about groupings nowadays. As far as cards go if someone is going to question my card, they aren't worth the conversation.

When the weather is pretty crappy i will go alone just because nobody else wants to go . I dont mind playing alone get to work on some different things

With all my friends and co-workers having young families I find myself playing alone often. We do have a group that gets in 18 every other week and I really enjoy that too though. Others have mentioned earlier that they use their time alone on the course to de-stress and I agree with that whole-heartedly. A trip to the course is a great way to decompress from work.

This year, our 12 year old daughter started golfing and I really enjoy our time together on the course. Her excitement for the game is good medicine for me.

I enjoy rounds alone from time to time. I feel like I can work on my game and try shots that I may not have the confidence to hit during a match or in a group

I enjoy playing by myself but would prefer playing with people. I like playing with others because it slows down my thought process. I find that I play way to fast for my own good sometimes when I'm playing by myself.

It's great to get out sometimes by yourself and focus on your game without any distractions from a group. I try to get out and walk 9 in the afternoon about once a week...very peaceful. A lot less pressure in my opinion and i'm able to concentrate on the things that I need to work on a lot easier.

It really is great to go out and play on your own when you are trying to work on a part of your game. I love nothing more than the freedom to hit as many shots as I need to improve my game without holding any other golfers up in the process

I don't think it's possible to play alone at any course around me. They will always put you with someone. I wouldn't mind playing alone but when I go by myself and get put into another group I always meet good people. Even met a few that I will play with in the near future.

I love playing alone. For some reason I'm more "at peace" with the game, thus allowing me to play better. There's no distractions and I control the pace. I love playing when you can't see the group in front of you and there's no sight of anyone behind you :) The other day on a Par 3, I missed the green off the tee by about 8 feet - should have been a better shot by me. I was alone so I just dropped another ball and teed off, landed 3 feet from the hole :) I wouldn't have done that if I was with others.

I love it!

I don't think it's possible to play alone at any course around me. They will always put you with someone. I wouldn't mind playing alone but when I go by myself and get put into another group I always meet good people. Even met a few that I will play with in the near future.

Here around DC all courses are packed on weekends and after 3-4pm. I'm lucky enough to be able to play during off hours. I'll hit the course on a Monday morning at 8:30am, or hit the back 9 at 7:30am on a Saturday. The local starters usually let me go solo which is real nice.

There are just some days that I feel like either playing by myself and others when I feel like playing with others and try to arrange it to play that way, but most of the time I end up going to the course by myself and do whatever the pro shop tells me to do!

I cant stand it. Id much rather hit 4 buckets of balls than play alone.

Back