i love to play with 2~3 friends, sometimes i also play alone, but not often

I'm gonna totally skim this thread and say that I'm the complete opposite. I like playing with other people. I would rather play with friends but I would also play with randoms rather than by myself. As long as they aren't there for the sole purpose of getting drunk. This is why I only play before 9 AM on weekends, to hopefully avoid these type of people.

I play alone alot. I have a schedule where I work saturdays and take sunday, mondays off. I don't think I necessarily play better alone, but when I'm not playing well it's nice to walk a round by myself and work some things out. I like spending time by myself anyway. Golf is totally an escape for me and I like to play alone and get a chance to have some quiet reflection.

I find myself playing alone alot but that is to go out and get better only been playing the game for 3 years and trying to get better I feel I focus more when I am flying solo.

I usually play some of my best golf when playing alone, I think that's because it's a nice escape and really allows me to focus more. The other side is that I play a heck of a lot faster, the downside is, I really enjoy a round of golf with some nice people and just laugh and enjoy the day.

I'm similar to others that commented. I LOVE to play a round alone if I am practicing some thing(s).

But I prefer to play with others most of the time.

I do enjoy the occasional late afternoon solo round for peace and serenity too though.

But I'm very not just comfortable doing things alone, I often prefer it. I enjoy dining, movies, driving and some other activities alone. I think it comes from growing up out in the country and spending time alone as a kid.

I love playing along for practice purposes. I played alone today and it was great. Allows me to practice tricky little shots on the course itself. I still prefer playing with people but I do play alone usually at least once a week.

I prefer to play alone because I find it more relaxing. Golf with others can be a double-edged sword because you never know what kind of people you will get paired up with. Ive had both good and bad experiences with it.
I also find playing alone to be more convenient because I can go whenever I want and dont have to work around other peoples' schedule. Dont get me wrong, Id love to have a bunch of golf buddies, but it hasnt happened yet and Im not going to not play just because I cant find others to go with.

there is nothing like a completely empty course with just you and your game
there is nothing worse than a completely crowded course where you are forced to be with 3 buddies who are not your buddy (or worse... jerks)
there is also nothing like sharing a round with some great ppl when your game is on(hopefully they witness your ace)

A local course near me has $20 twilight after 2pm. I love going there around 4pm on a weekday and having the course all to myself. It's so peaceful and relaxing.

I'll be heading to catch nine this afternoon by myself, it should be a quick round!

I'll be heading to catch nine this afternoon by myself, it should be a quick round!

me too, hopefully there arent any "suprises" waiting for me

me too, hopefully there arent any "suprises" waiting for me

Me three. I took in 9 holes this morning at 8am. The front 9 had a four group line. So, I just went the back 9 and had a great morning round :) I don't know why everyone does the front 9, though I'm not complaining. I love having the back 9 to myself, had three 10ft+ putts this morning. Couldn't high five anyone, but that's alright :)

Was neat to see a mother deer with her fawn following behind walking across my fairway on hole 3. They were only 20-30 feet from me.

Me three. I took in 9 holes this morning at 8am. The front 9 had a four group line. So, I just went the back 9 and had a great morning round :) I don't know why everyone does the front 9, though I'm not complaining. I love having the back 9 to myself :)
yeah I gotta play the back 9 anyhow tonight to go with my last front 9 score, hoping its nice and clear

Before the kids came along I had a job which involved shift work, either working early in the morning or late at night. If I was on the late shift I used to play golf on my own while my Wife was at work. I actually really enjoy it. A bit of time to yourself does you the world of good....

Plus, sometimes I think, with one of the guys I play with regularly in particular, I am too often trying to help him along as he is a bit hard on himself at times - beating himself up about bogies, getting irrate, etc. Playing alone lets me concentrate on what I am doing and not doing.

Can't beat an early morning round with the birds singing :)

Me three. I took in 9 holes this morning at 8am. The front 9 had a four group line. So, I just went the back 9 and had a great morning round :) I don't know why everyone does the front 9, though I'm not complaining. I love having the back 9 to myself, had three 10ft+ putts this morning. Couldn't high five anyone, but that's alright :)

Was neat to see a mother deer with her fawn following behind walking across my fairway on hole 3. They were only 20-30 feet from me.

Consider yourself lucky. My home course (where I both play most of my golf and work as a starter) fills up as fast on the back 9 in the first 2 hours as it does on the front. We only do 9 hole reservations on the back 9 for the first 1:45 in the morning - the front 9 is saved for 18 hole players. After that first 1:45, then no more back 9 times are made to allow the 18 hole players a clear shot at the turn. 18 hole players always have precedence because they paid for that privilege.

Back