Playing golf with your spouse

Play with my wife when we go on vacay, I rarely get her to play in our home state.

Her golf clubs are courtesy of THP. Fun story behind that.

Now I've gotta hear the story!

My wife is interested and plays a little bit. Bought her a box set so she can get the basics down. We've played a few times and it was a good time. I think it would be more fun for her if her friends played as well haha.

Every Sunday. She only needs that one day to fuel a whole week of trashtalk about the hole she outdrove me on, or something similar. I try to take on less intimidating foes during the week for mental health reasons. :LOL:

My wife will play a couple of rounds a year and only with me or her father. When I play with her, I usually play from the forward tees with her and will spend more time making sure she has fun and doesn’t get frustrated. Despite having been a teaching pro, I do not give her any technical advice other than to help with aim on the course. I’m really looking forward to next season when I can get our oldest out to the course for the first time.

My wife loves to golf and we play at least once a week. She will practice just as much also. She has got her game into the 90s and has a solid tee game. If I am going to play 2 days with the guys I get look lol.

Play with my wife when we go on vacay, I rarely get her to play in our home state.

Her golf clubs are courtesy of THP. Fun story behind that.
IIRC it involves a romp around a wharehouse, somewhere, no?

Every Sunday. She only needs that one day to fuel a whole week of trashtalk about the hole she outdrove me on, or something similar. I try to take on less intimidating foes during the week for mental health reasons. :LOL:
My wife, son, and I played a TON one summer. There was always a small wager involved (mostly Dairy Queen). When my son wne tback to Wyoming for the school year, my wife and I kept up the tradition for the remainder of the year with the wagers upped to "favors". I'm certain she ended up with a case of lock jaw by the end of the year. :devilish:

Now I've gotta hear the story!

Ditto.

Can’t tease like that. I’m still 👀’ing for that Willetized Coffee Stout. My rep had 4 cases to start the week. He even knows I hold high regard for a single case of it.

I told him if he ever told me that again he’d be my former rep. Fracking save some for the one guy (likely many, lol) that I know that is trying to procure some to save his thirsty friends, some of whom golfed in a desert recently.

Yeesh. Some people.

Absolutely love it. Definitely one of our favorite activities together. Such nice time away from everyone with a sport we love. I proposed to her on the third hole at Torrey Pines!

I have played probably 10 rounds with my wife. She does it purely to entertain me. Sadly, 99% of those rounds come when we're in Hawaii and I'm paying $300/person.

Where did you two play in Hawaii??

My wife & I play golf somewhat regularly together. We went to Club Champion on the 5th for fittings & spent last weekend in Austin playing golf.

Mine has zero interest in golf, and I'm perfectly fine with that. She had fun at TopGolf, but that's about as far as it goes. She has no problem with me playing as much golf as I want to, whenever I want to, so we're both happy with the way things are.

People ask me if my wife plays golf, too and I say, "No! And I plan to keep it that way!". It wouldn't be the "escape" that it is if she played, too! :D

Mrs. Reject reluctantly joins me for Sunday rounds.......(actually she is starting to enjoy golf!!)

Have tried ... fail. She is a natural athlete and could be fantastic at golf. She isn’t interested. Based on working as a cart girl a few times in her super hottie young days, she thinks golf is dominated by unmerited ego bloated loud mouth sexist men (She sometimes puts me in that category 😇). And two, golf is hard. We do just about everything together (hiking, skiing, cycling, adventures, ...), and truthfully it is nice to have one activity solo. She is very supportive and gives me advice and help in meaningful ways.

We used to golf together all the time years ago. We had regular couples we'd play with on the various bases we were stationed at. My wife was a good player, took individual lessons, played in leagues etc... Wish she was still interested but it's been 20 years and best I've managed to do since is 'guilt her' into joining me for two range sessions (she still hits it well with her old tiny clubs) and ride alongs at a couple nice resort courses. Back in the day we also used to race together; marathons, triathlons, etc... She still enjoys those competitions and I know she misses me racing with her as much as I miss her company on the golf course so I have no soap box to stand on. Big picture is maybe someday but all in all I'm very lucky that she's been so supportive of my own return to golf.

Last edited:
One day when she isn’t working 80 hour weeks! She has an interest and a set of clubs. She likes going to the range on occasion and loves TopGolf and playing closest to the pin on SkyTrak, but going out and playing is not what she wants to do on her off days.

Mine doesn’t but that’s probably best...for both of us! :cool:

She loves to go and will usually get the low net. Will outdrive most from her tee box and often tell her she has to move back to the men's tee. Her putting and short game have improved as well. Love watching others reactions when we get paired up. She gets so nervous though thinking she will hold them up. Usually the other way around.

Back