Playing Pebble Beach This Week! WHOO-HOO!

Reaction score
Handicap
Alrighty then; been preparing since April (see thread here) and now it's finally time! Off to Monterey tomorrow for three days of golf at Spanish Bay, Pebble Beach and Spyglass.

I never thought I'd get to play these courses... truly amazing luck for me to get an invite like this.

Can't wait to enjoy the scenery and soak in all the history! I'll post as much as I can in this thread for anyone who cares to keep up with the adventures of a garden variety Hacker playing on some truly beautiful courses. Here's the schedule:

--Tuesday - flight to SJC, meet up w/ friends for dinner at The Tap Room.

--Wednesday - 8:50am tee time at Spanish Bay, drinks/dinner at The Beach Club.

--Thursday - Round at Pebble Beach, tee time TBD (group event), drinks after at The 18th Lawn.

--Friday - Round at Spyglass, tee time TBD (group event), lunch after at The 9th Green Grill, then off to crash in a San Jose hotel before flying home Saturday AM.

My game is in somewhat decent shape right now but not as good as it was a couple summers back. I'm at a 13.9 which is up from my all-time low of 7.0 back in July 2017. Shots inside 100y are solid and my putting is on right now so that's a plus. I need to stay within myself, listen to the caddie and manage the course well.

Wish me luck THP! Updates to follow...

Congrats on your upcoming trip! You will be in for an amazing treat. Enjoy!

Your score does not matter. Just soak in the history and the experience and you'll leave the course with a smile on your face that will take a long time to go away.

That is pretty freaking cool. Enjoy the time out there and soak it all in yourself and supplement with some pictures!

My wife took me to Pebble and Spanish Bay for my 50th birthday.
You will never forget this trip...ENJOY !

Have fun! Pictures, lots of pictures!

Your score does not matter. Just soak in the history and the experience and you'll leave the course with a smile on your face that will take a long time to go away.

Really trying to go in with that mindset... just stay in the moment, have fun and let the score be whatever it is.

GET A CADDIE!!!!

I played there a couple years ago and walked with a caddie, and it was worth every penny. They know so much about the course, but about the history and the area also. Great to talk with them between shots.

GET A CADDIE!!!!

I played there a couple years ago and walked with a caddie, and it was worth every penny. They know so much about the course, but about the history and the area also. Great to talk with them between shots.

Especially for Pebble. Walk + get a caddie. I'd probably walk Spyglass too but take a cart for Spanish Bay.

If you are one of those 18 holes in 2hr 15minute guys... you will be miserable. ;^)

Wow! That’s a bucket list item for sure! There’s nothing like playing the iconic courses, and Pebble Beach is right up near the top of the list. A friend of mine trains caddies out there. If you’re splurging that much anyway, walk the course with a looper. You will never forget it.

Enjoy. Walk, get a caddy and soak it in. Don't forget to take pictures!

GET A CADDIE!!!!

Same for me. Beyond reading putts, my caddie (Tim) shared some great stories and info on the course and surrounding homes. He even told me best places to take photos and took some of me.

If you are one of those 18 holes in 2hr 15minute guys... you will be miserable. ;^)

I do like to play fast but I understand that’s not in the cards on these courses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a great time and lots of pics!!!!

Good luck and have fun, you lucky dog!!! :D

Excited for you! Have fun. Just curious...Might I ask exactly how you got an invite? Is this a work thing?

Excited for you! Have fun. Just curious...Might I ask exactly how you got an invite? Is this a work thing?

I’d tell you but I’m on Double Secret Probation

Have a memorable time! I'll repeat what others said but pics pics pics!

Especially for Pebble. Walk + get a caddie. I'd probably walk Spyglass too but take a cart for Spanish Bay.

Agree. Walk Pebble and Spyglass (caddies at both are my opinion) Two of the best walks you will ever take. Spanish - Cart. Weather is great right now. Have a great trip!!

Really looking forward to hearing about your experience! I'm headed out there in August to do Pasatiempo, Spyglass and Pebble with my Dad.

Really looking forward to hearing about your experience! I'm headed out there in August to do Pasatiempo, Spyglass and Pebble with my Dad.

That’s awesome. My dad doesn’t play. Wish he did.

Enjoy the rounds, can’t wait to hear about the trip.

Wow, what a trip! Enjoy and safe travels!

Back