Playing with THP'rs

I've only played with one THP'er so far, my Team Paradise teammate @MarMill8412.

In 32 days though, will be playing with a bunch more. :cool:

I need to get a tee time some time soon with DFW area folks. (y)

Played with @Kid Frisco Saturday at Ceder Crest in mid Dallas.

"Cedar Crest was the site of the 1927 PGA Championship, a prestigious honor. The course still maintains the high quality and tradition it established all those years ago. Its rolling terrain and excellent course conditions are just a couple of the reasons you should come visit our course.

The legendary course, which was designed by A.W. Tillinghast and renovations by D.A. Weibring/Golf Resources, Inc., continues to be a favorite of Dallas golf enthusiasts."

Great course hidden in South Dallas and the Byron Nelson holds their Military Appreciation Tournament in association with the PGA Tourney every year. Even though the Nelson was cancelled this year, they are still holding the MAT on 20 September....... Was in good condition and greens were awesome. Always a good time playing with him...

I’ll be in Dallas the weekend of Oct 2 and would be glad to tee it up with some THPers :)

Gonna be in the Southlake area but I don’t mind a drive.

Last edited:
Played with a couple fellow THP’ers yesterday. First time local and it was great. Also went to Arizona to play with that awesome crew.

Really enjoyed my round with @PowerThrust today. He's an excellent golfer and a great guy. Neither of us had our A game, but we had a great enjoyable afternoon through the good shots and the bad, on a beautiful course. Looking forward to when I get to tee it up with DJ again.

Got to play with @donny475 this spring had a great time. @oumagic loaned me his one length forge tec irons for a round while I was in Arizona in January. We didn’t get together for a round however. Anyone in or near Gulf Shores I’ll be there for a few weeks in October. I’ll tee it up with a fellow THPers

About time i get a round full of THPers considering the last one was in April!

@H8tobogie joined me this weekend for our two day member guest tournament at my club, Berry Creek. It was a shamble adjustable quote format. Eagles are worth 5 points, birdies are 3, par is 2, bogie is 1, double is 0 and triple or worse if -1 point. Because it was a shamble they took 70% of your handicap and you subtract that from 36 and that's how many point you need to get to hit your quote. @H8tobogie is a 10 so he played to a 7 and I'm a 1 from those tees and played to that. He had to get 29 pts and I had to get 35. Based on if you exceed or miss your quote they adjust each player individually by 50% so if you come up short of your quote by 6 pts then on Sunday you have to get 3 pts less. If you beat it by 6 then you would have to get 3 more.

Day 1: We got a bad draw and started on the tough par 5 11th hole followed by a hard par 3. We started the first few holes a little slow but then both birdied the 4th hole of the day. I had one more on the par 3 17th but that was it on the birdie front for us. Dade played pretty solid and was hitting the driver great while mine decided to disappear for a few holes. He played pretty solid and managed to shoot a 77 beating his quota by 2. I played ok but missed about 3 short putts to shoot a 78 which was 5 short of my quota and we limped in to T-3 in our flight. We proceeded to hangout with some fun people and put away a fair amount of beer.

Day 2: We both were tired and not feeling our best on Sunday morning but we didn't let that stop up. Dade continued to hit the driver well and started off with about a 290 drive down the fairway on a tough opening hole. It freed me up to hit a good one which I did and put one about another 15 yards past. It continued from there with Dade hitting a bunch of great drives. A couple I was able to be real aggressive then and a couple bad ones he had I managed to hit good ones. On top of this we both got the wedges and flatsticks heating up and got a pretty good streak going of us going back and forth with each other of one making birdie and the other making par. We only had one bad hole on the 15th hole of the day which was our hole #2 par 3. We both made bogie but came back with a each of us making a birdie on one of the last 2 holes. He finished with 5 birdies and a 74 and I finished with 7 birdies and a 67. With the adjustment we finished +9.5 pts to our overall quota to take 1st in our flight. Overall it was a great weekend and he was a blast to play with.

@H8tobogie joined me this weekend for our two day member guest tournament at my club, Berry Creek. It was a shamble adjustable quote format. Eagles are worth 5 points, birdies are 3, par is 2, bogie is 1, double is 0 and triple or worse if -1 point. Because it was a shamble they took 70% of your handicap and you subtract that from 36 and that's how many point you need to get to hit your quote. @H8tobogie is a 10 so he played to a 7 and I'm a 1 from those tees and played to that. He had to get 29 pts and I had to get 35. Based on if you exceed or miss your quote they adjust each player individually by 50% so if you come up short of your quote by 6 pts then on Sunday you have to get 3 pts less. If you beat it by 6 then you would have to get 3 more.

Day 1: We got a bad draw and started on the tough par 5 11th hole followed by a hard par 3. We started the first few holes a little slow but then both birdied the 4th hole of the day. I had one more on the par 3 17th but that was it on the birdie front for us. Dade played pretty solid and was hitting the driver great while mine decided to disappear for a few holes. He played pretty solid and managed to shoot a 77 beating his quota by 2. I played ok but missed about 3 short putts to shoot a 78 which was 5 short of my quota and we limped in to T-3 in our flight. We proceeded to hangout with some fun people and put away a fair amount of beer.

Day 2: We both were tired and not feeling our best on Sunday morning but we didn't let that stop up. Dade continued to hit the driver well and started off with about a 290 drive down the fairway on a tough opening hole. It freed me up to hit a good one which I did and put one about another 15 yards past. It continued from there with Dade hitting a bunch of great drives. A couple I was able to be real aggressive then and a couple bad ones he had I managed to hit good ones. On top of this we both got the wedges and flatsticks heating up and got a pretty good streak going of us going back and forth with each other of one making birdie and the other making par. We only had one bad hole on the 15th hole of the day which was our hole #2 par 3. We both made bogie but came back with a each of us making a birdie on one of the last 2 holes. He finished with 5 birdies and a 74 and I finished with 7 birdies and a 67. With the adjustment we finished +9.5 pts to our overall quota to take 1st in our flight. Overall it was a great weekend and he was a blast to play with.
Not to mention he is just a fun guy to play with...congrats

Absolutely! It was a blast and was awesome to hear about the Morgan Cup and the other events, but more importantly how awesome his fellow participants are. He was texting the Morgan Cup guys as we were playing and they were cheering us along on Sunday. We both told several people all about THP so hopefully we can get recruit a couple more to join this awesome community!

Great weekend, buddy! I thoroughly enjoyed the golf, hanging out and getting to meet everyone at the club. You have a solid group up there! It helps that we both got in the zone on Sunday to close things out!

Can't wait to hang out again my man! Hopefully things can work out and you can make it down here for the Barton Creek outing.

Back