Playing With Vintage Clubs

Of course, definitely pre 2000. Are they full time gamers or part of a separate bag?
SW-6 are my full-time gamers. I know what each one will do and they work for me until I get to my V-series Heavenwood and longer woods.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I tend not to keep old clubs around. For me, it's the golfing equivalent of wearing two watches - you're never really sure what time it is. That said, the only pre-2000 clubs I owned that I would like to try today are a TM System 2 Driver and 7 Wood and my Spalding Executive irons. The Spaldings were my first relatively serious set of clubs. I remember buying the wood woods because a) I was cheap and b) I wasn't sure metal woods offered that much more for the money.

Last edited:
I have the Burner Oversize with the rifle shafts 4-PW that I play all the time. I really like them especially the 9 & PW, but they are getting a bit worn. I did buy 7-PW Bio Cell heads for cheap on Ebay and am going to get those built once I get on a launch monitor somewhere. Want to get some shaft recommendations and maybe even reshaft the 4 and 5 burners since i'm having a hard time finding 6 or 5 irons lefty for the bio cells.

Had some fun yesterday so I'll bring this thread back to life.

Played 9 with a combo set of vintage Hogan irons and woods. Made my own combo set with 1970 Bounce Sole irons in 7-E and 1994 Apex Channel Backs in 4-6. No modern clubs except my normal putter. Was a ton of fun and I shot my 2nd best 9 of the year lol. Really makes me think about how much modern tech is actually helping me. 20200915_084026.jpg20200915_084053.jpg

Back