Please allow me to introduce myself

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
Many of you know me on the forum by Panda, Tadashi or Freddie Kong, HI. This is for those of you that don't know me or my back ground. I thought it would be nice to let you know a little about me and my golf back ground.

I've been playing for more that 3/4 of my life, self taught and self motivated (push a little by Dad) I played in college and turned pro in '94 after I graduated. My back ground fell into teaching as various clubs across the US where I was able to soak up a ton of swing info. I walked away from the game in 2002 to pursue a different career for many reasons but mainly because I was burnt out from teaching 10 hours a day and the state of the PGA. (another story for another day)

After a short break my love for the game returned and I started working on my own game as well as giving lessons to friends and the occassional student. I spent many hours with various teachers over the years sharing ideas and learning from the them. I have incorporated what I have learned into a pretty solid understanding of the swing and how it works.

I am not a fan of complete over hauls unless absolutely needed, which is rare. Most golfers have the skills but just need the parts moved into the right place. I know what I know about the swing and the game of golf but I don't know everything. If Idon't know I will ask and I expect the same from anyone that post in this section. I think it will be fun to learn as we go and to sahre what we have learned from the many solid instructors we have in the business.

I will post videos and start threadsthat I feel are helpful, please feel free to jump in and add your two cents as long as it stays on topic. I am blessed to be a part of this forum and even more blessed that JB and GG put their trust in me. I hope you all will do the same with your swings. I will answer every thread that is posted as quickly as possible. I am on the forum a lot so I don't think you will have to wait to long for a comment, tip or suggestion.

Let me know what you want to hear about and I will do my best to shed light on that topic. Good golf is fun!

Freddie I am so happy to have you as a teacher in this forum! You are the man, and you are going to help sooo many people reach new levels in their game

Great stuff Freddie, this is going to be awesome!! I've benefited from some tips from you and I know the members of THP are going to love having your help with their golf games!!

I think this was a great idea for a post Freddie. Glad you were able to do this.

I just wanted to thank Freddie for doing what he does around here. I think his little piece of the forum is going to be huge!!!

Cool to read Freddie. I knew some of this about you, and didn't know other things, so it was nice to finally be introduced to the Panda in earnest! Will be looking forward to following this section and posting some of my own questions and comments. Hopefully I get to meet you in person at a THP event in the future!

Oh, and congrats on getting that handicap into the + range!

Freddie is a great asset to THP and his advice on others swings always makes me take a second look at mine.

Great intro Freddie, THP has gotten even awesome-ier thanks to you taking over this section and dedicating your time and resources to helping us hacks out

welcome to THP :alien:

I know you are going to rock this section of the forum panda.

Great to get some more info about you and your history Freddie. Its been a pleasure reading all of your swing tips and suggestions so far and I look forward to the plethora of info that will be shared in this new section of THP.

Awesome Freddie, it's so cool to have a great teacher only a click away!!!

Thanks for all you do Freddie!

Good post Freddie, and I look forward to tapping into your knowledge in the future.

Freddie is in the house! Thanks for your help Panda!

Can't wait to see all the tips! I know I'll have a question or eight for Freddie soon!

With 10 or so PM's you had me in the right shaft for my driver instead of me making another expensive guess. I know you will help out a bunch more. I might be picking your brain again soon on my constant toe hits with my irons.

Tappin away

I can speak first hand how awesome Freddie is. He is a true gentlemen, and a great teacher, I have really enjoyed working with him and cant wait to tee it up with him in Dallas :)

Thanks Freddie! I am sure you are going to help many a THPer find their game.

Really looking forward to the feedback and advice that you will be giving. If I ever get brave enough I am going to try to get you to help me with my swing (dunno if there is much that can be done to something so hopeless though :bulgy-eyes:). Thanks for taking on this challenge!!

Just seems "right" for the panda to be helping people out on the forum. From what I've heard he is always helping people at outings. I've never met him personally, but just watching the mc coverage you'll see how nice and genuine he is. He always has good things to say about people.

Freddie, every time I fall back on my right side I remember you working with me at Reunion. It's still something that happens, but less often because I pretty much try to concentrate on it on every shot.

Great stuff there Mr Kong, I think this is going to be my favorite thread. Thank you for all that you do buddy.

Please allow myself to introduce myself...

I've seen Freddie work his magic in person and on the forum, we are lucky to have him and I know he's going to continue to change people's game in a totally selfless fashion.

Your swing tips will be a great help to a hacker like me. Thanks for the introduction and insight into your background. Amazingly, this forum just got better!

Awesome Freddie! I could tell right away by your demeanor on the range at The Gauntlet that you are a great teacher. I can only imagine what you will bring to THP with your knowledge and communication skills.

Back