Please allow me to introduce myself

Freddie I am so privileged to have met you and become your friend. You're such a class individual who always goes the extra mile to help others. This my friend is better than gold. Keep doing what you do Freddie and you will touch a huge amount of lives in an awesome way.

Thanks Freddie!! I'm looking forward to getting your opinion and your assistance in helping to further my game.

...and he is a man of wealth and fame"
I'm glad someone else got that from the title, too :D. Perhaps we should call this sub-forum "Sympathy for the Panda"

Looking forward to meeting you at the Adams event, Freddie. I'm working hard on fixing some swing issues before that event. Thanks for the help you've already given!

Many of you know me on the forum by Panda, Tadashi or Freddie Kong, HI. This is for those of you that don't know me or my back ground. I thought it would be nice to let you know a little about me and my golf back ground.

I've been playing for more that 3/4 of my life, self taught and self motivated (push a little by Dad) I played in college and turned pro in '94 after I graduated. My back ground fell into teaching as various clubs across the US where I was able to soak up a ton of swing info. I walked away from the game in 2002 to pursue a different career for many reasons but mainly because I was burnt out from teaching 10 hours a day and the state of the PGA. (another story for another day)

After a short break my love for the game returned and I started working on my own game as well as giving lessons to friends and the occassional student. I spent many hours with various teachers over the years sharing ideas and learning from the them. I have incorporated what I have learned into a pretty solid understanding of the swing and how it works.

I am not a fan of complete over hauls unless absolutely needed, which is rare. Most golfers have the skills but just need the parts moved into the right place. I know what I know about the swing and the game of golf but I don't know everything. If Idon't know I will ask and I expect the same from anyone that post in this section. I think it will be fun to learn as we go and to sahre what we have learned from the many solid instructors we have in the business.

I will post videos and start threadsthat I feel are helpful, please feel free to jump in and add your two cents as long as it stays on topic. I am blessed to be a part of this forum and even more blessed that JB and GG put their trust in me. I hope you all will do the same with your swings. I will answer every thread that is posted as quickly as possible. I am on the forum a lot so I don't think you will have to wait to long for a comment, tip or suggestion.

Let me know what you want to hear about and I will do my best to shed light on that topic. Good golf is fun!

Thanks for doing this Freddie! We are really lucky to have you on this site and in this thread!

Just awesome Freddie. Thanks for the post and I am looking forward to seeing the results you provide those willing enough to ask.

That's great to hear Freddie. Never knew you were actually a pro at one time. But with all the reading of your comments or messages it defiantly shows. I know just like everyone else here we really appreciate the help that your bring to us. So THANK YOU Freddie Kong

You are going to be a great help to THP, and me.
I've been privileged to have played a couple of rounds with you and I look forward to the next one. Watching you enjoy the game and work your way around the course was good to see but not as enjoyable just playing some golf with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to reading your advice, I followed a very similar path that you did and still love hearing new swing ideas.

Freddie Kong is the man! Ill more than likely be adding some videos so I can get an evaluation on my swing along with requesting some tips and advice towards play. Thank you Freddie!

I've said this on many occasions, but thank you Freddie! I, and most likely all THP'ers really appreciate your work and the time you put to making our lives easier. I'm sure I will pick your brain a bit in July!

Sometimes you meet someone with whom you can just sit back, watch, listen...and learn without a word being spoken. I'm not just speaking golf here either. Freddie is one of those rare people and has offered assistance to me at every request and I'm thankful for that. What amazes me is how much I learn by simply reading his feedback to others and how much that helps as well. Of course that depends on how good he is on the keyboard that day and if I need to pull out my THP thesaurus. Thanks for being you Freddie!

It's been a month that I was blessed with this forum. I need feedback, I'd like to hear from you as to how you think it's going. Not looking for pats in the back, I got that covered. I'd like to know if I'm answering your questions. Do you find what I am talking about helpful?

Is there anything you'd like for me to talk about or cover? Let me know your thoughts, it's the only way we can grow.

I really enjoy the posts where you cover a topic or give a general tip to people Freddie. Whether it's something about set up or the swing or even course management, I wouldn't mind seeing a bunch of them.

It's been a month that I was blessed with this forum. I need feedback, I'd like to hear from you as to how you think it's going. Not looking for pats in the back, I got that covered. I'd like to know if I'm answering your questions. Do you find what I am talking about helpful?

Is there anything you'd like for me to talk about or cover? Let me know your thoughts, it's the only way we can grow.

So far I've submitted a video and you've given me a ton of great feedback, and based on that alone I'm a huge Freddie fan. On top of that, the topics you start to share thoughts we don't ask about are also quite useful and valuable. Please keep up the great work!

Glad to see this section come up...Freddie is a wealth of knowledge and always will to help out

I dont know you, but I can tell by reading your posts that you are a generous and patient man, and that you know your stuff.

THP is a great place, and you are playing a big role in making it so

As far as helping people and giving good jnformation I think your doing well. If I had to recommend or produce and idea id love to see maybe a video of the month working on a drill or a fix to a common problem. I know you give so much time here and might notbe able to, but some people learn through visualization. So watching how to correct this or how do do this would be awesome.

I think you are doing a swell job Tadashi. Really interesting stuff that you are putting out there for people, and helping a lot of people in the process.

I just wish my darn tri-pod would get here so I could start submitting some videos of my own for help!

Keep up the work, we all appreciate it!

All right Panda man, here is what I have for you.

Answering questions? Yes, in my case. Asked for some tips and you gave them. Been working on them when I can out doors and when not able to go out, in front of a mirror.

Do I find what you are talking about helpful? Resounding yes. I know it can be dangerous, but I tend to scour what you tell others about their particular questions and check it against what I am doing. Also the types of threads like Bag for success, flexibility and such are so good for me. I think you have one on core/ab strength you mentioned might be coming soon. really looking forward to that one. If you can do more stuff like that, I would love it. They are probably somewhat time consuming I suspect, but its a thought. What does Freddie read? You have mentioned several golf books in some of your posts. These could be from many sides of the game. Swing mechanics, mental approach, conditioning, etc.

Your ability do review swing video and make suggestions is golden in here and I use it every time you make a response to someone's video. I won't pat you on the back if you don't want it Bro, but its going well from this perspective and I'm sure others will agree. Thanks for the efforts too!

JM

As far as helping people and giving good jnformation I think your doing well. If I had to recommend or produce and idea id love to see maybe a video of the month working on a drill or a fix to a common problem. I know you give so much time here and might notbe able to, but some people learn through visualization. So watching how to correct this or how do do this would be awesome.

Perfect idea, consider it done. January video will be taped this weekend as will Feb.

I'll just say you have been a true asset doing this in such a short amount of time. Your feedback is amazing and you get back to folks lightning quick with assistance, days and weeks faster than the previous regime.

Well done!

Amazing information Freddie, very helpful to have such a wealth of knowledge only a few clicks away. I plan to bother you some more with swing videos once the range opens!

Obviously the swing tips and the like have been outstanding, but I really liked the "Setting your bag for success" type idea. Things that aren't necessarily about the swing itself, but could be costing you strokes or (if you're doing them correctly) shaving strokes. Sort of a vision into the thought process of a low handicap player with respect to various aspects of the game - bag makeup, course management, maybe a post where you post a "how would you play this hole" and then critique people's strategies. Those are the type of things that I think us mid and high handicap types struggle with sometimes, and they sometimes can't be addressed easily with a pro, but a forum where you see everybody's approach is a very good medium for this. I'm rambling a bit, but I hope you get what I mean.

Oh and Golferbest, I LOVE that idea!

Sorry if you have posted and I have not responded. I am involved to #theking and will get to all your post and request once the event is over. Again, I apologize for any delay

Just connected the dots Tadashi70. This is my first time doing this this thread section of THP. Looks like I have found a whole bunch more very good information to digest. Thanks!

Back