Please be that guy

MPlefty

Reaction score
Handicap
this thread made me think, what is one thing you want to see from the people on the course or at the club house?

A sense of surroundings.

Fixing any damage your intentionally or unintentionally do to the course, and make sure you are ready to hit when it is your turn.

Someone who politely engages in conversation and doesn't act like they're attempting to qualify for the US Open.

Someone who is relaxed, somewhat engaging and pleasurable to golf with.

The golfer who has fun while playing, regardless of experience level or ability. Those people can apologize, talk, play loud music, pound beers, golf like a PGA Tour pro or absolute beginner, and do all sorts of quirky things and be superstar golf partners to me.

Right now, if 90% of people fixed their divots in the green, I'd be pretty happy.

~Rock

- Leave the course in the same, if not better shape than when you teed off
- If you hit an errant shot, yell "fore"

be generally courteous. We are all trying to play the game, and it is actually easier to be courteous than to be a douche.

Fix your ball marks on the green and don't be a Richard

Be the guy that is fun to play with - who practices golf etiquette, and takes his game with the right amount of seriousness.

The guy or guys that know they are taking longer but gladly lets you play through.

The guy who understands ready golf

Fixing any damage your intentionally or unintentionally do to the course, and make sure you are ready to hit when it is your turn.
Ready to hit is a bit one for me to, keep pace of play in mind and try and keep up with the group in front of you as well as your playing partners!

this thread made me think, what is one thing you want to see from the people on the course or at the club house?

Someone who is interesting, fun, makes you feel comfortable and is humble

Plays at a good pace.
Fixes ball marks, and replaces divots.
Doesn't spit sunflower seeds on the greens.
Has fun during the round.

Someone that knows where they are and what they need to do.

Just someone who is fun to play golf with. To be that guy, he has to have a lot of the qualities listed above... Play's ready golf, friendly, doesn't expect to beat Tiger today...etc.!

A genuine sense that everyone on the course is more like a community instead of an annoyance for your own round. Just be a good dude/dudette toward others, basically, because we're all out here together. All you can ask for.

Encouraging, humble, courteous.

Please be the guy that is reading his putt/chip while the previous player is setting up and playing his.

- Leave the course in the same, if not better shape than when you teed off
- If you hit an errant shot, yell "fore"
I like this answer...a lot.

Spot on!

Back