Please cross your fingers

ripper

Reaction score
Handicap
So.. I am really pumped up because I am playing in my first ever tournament this weekend.
Its at a course 3 hours outside of Mexico City, so I brought my SUV in today for maintenance just to make sure everything is running the way it should. The first thing they always tell you is to remove all valuables as theft is pretty common here.
I just realized that I left my clubs in the back of the Jeep. My heart just began racing when I remembered and they are closed now so I cant call. I asked some buddies and the feeling is 50/50 they will be there.
I love my clubs and am really worried and nervous...

OH NO! :shock:

Crossing my fingers and a prayer that they are still there. That would suck if they went missing.

Figers are crossed for you dude.

Hope ya get a good night's sleep

Thanks guys, I am really kicking myself. I never keep them in there, but I was so excited about the tournament that I cleaned them, loaded the bag up with a bunch of balls and tees and gloves and put everything in the car.

Thanks guys, I am really kicking myself. I never keep them in there, but I was so excited about the tournament that I cleaned them, loaded the bag up with a bunch of balls and tees and gloves and put everything in the car.
Did you go there? Is the vehicle inside? Behind locked gate? If its out where someone could steal them then you should be able to go get them no?

I hope they are there, if I lost my clubs I don't know when I would be able to replace them. I don't know what I would do without being able to play golf, its like my version of heroin.

Did you go there? Is the vehicle inside? Behind locked gate? If its out where someone could steal them then you should be able to go get them no?

i just realized a little while ago, around 9pm and they had closed at 7. My plan is to go tomorrow morning in person and ask for them. Its at the actual Jeep dealership service spot so I am hoping its locked up and safe. The worry is that someone who works there would just take them, as i was supposed to have removed all valuables, so they have no liability now. I really messed up and can only blame myself, but I really hope they are there.

i just realized a little while ago, around 9pm and they had closed at 7. My plan is to go tomorrow morning in person and ask for them. Its at the actual Jeep dealership service spot so I am hoping its locked up and safe. The worry is that someone who works there would just take them, as i was supposed to have removed all valuables, so they have no liability now. I really messed up and can only blame myself, but I really hope they are there.

Make sure you post and update us. Quick story to hopefully ease your tension.
I'm a NJ cop and was sent to a residence 2 yrs ago for a burglary report. Newly married couple, house was completely ransacked. Guy was calm and obviously the girl was crying hysterically so I was talking to her 1st. She's going on about he engagement ring, family heirlooms, wedding gifts etc and I'm standing there emotionless writing everything down with the occasional "uh-huh, anything else"? Then I hear the guy yell from the bedroom, "oh, s.o.b"!! So, I go in to find out what's up. Turned out they also took his golf bag with his new Taylor Made gear. All of a sudden I'm Mr. Compassionate and attentive about his loss. She complained but it was worth it.
Hope your clubs are safe.

Fingers crossed buddy. I think they will be there. The employee's know that you can still raise a stink and the bosses will be looking at them if anything is missing.

Hope you got your clubs.....

Yikes man, good luck. Now that its morning time, have you had any word?

Thanks guys! I went and asked for my clubs this morning.. they took like 30 minutes almost but they found them. The manager was pretty cool there, he removed them from the car the night before so no one would take them and locked them in a closet. I was pretty scared when they opened the back of the Jeep and they were gone, but it all worked out. Now its tourney time!!! thanks for the support guys!!!

glad to hear that everything worked out ripper.:drinks:

Great to hear!

Thats great. good move for him to lock them in a closet for you.

That's good Ripper...now let me wish you good luck in your tournament. :)

Great news! Play well bud.

--
tapatalk

Man...That made my heart drop at first. That is a scary feeling. Glad you got your clubs and everything worked out. Good luck at the tournament!

Great news that the clubs were ok. I'd let the manager's boss know how happy you are that he took care of your things.

Good luck in the tournament.

That was a good result, ripper. Sounds like the worst that happened is that the manager took you clubs for a liltle evening 9-hole jaunt. Ha... Kidding. Have fun at the tourney.

Great news! Good to know there are still good honest people working in the car sales industry!!

Best of luck in your tourney!

I have crossed my fingers and toes for you.....

Edit: little late with my crossing but I'm glad it worked out for you. Hit'em well.

Back