Please Help Me Choose Some Driver Shafts

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
I'm asking for some help in choosing some drivers shafts for my Cobra SZ and my Callaway Mavrik SZ. I'm looking for some options besides what I already have on the current shafts on both drivers. I know nothing about the driver shafts currently out there, hence my asking for some help. Here are the current parameters I'm looking for in the shafts.

Flex - Stiff
Length - 45.5
Launch - Mid-High
Spin - Mid - Low
Weight - 65 grams
Adapters - Callaway Mavrik SZ
Cobra Speedzone (Regular)

You should have listed in your post a request from @Jman

He talks about golf shafts a lot

Maybe HZRDS yellow smoke and purple LIN-Q even Flow Blue? New to this shaft game

UST Elements Chrome is the one I’m using and liking the results so far. Check out the reviews on here about the characteristics.

Building off the success of the original EvenFlow, EvenFlow Riptide is designed with improved stability that builds on the widely successful “even bend” profile to provide unmatched feel and maximum energy transfer. Riptide is a mid spin/launch design and features Torsional Stability Optimization which allows for an extremely stable shaft while maintaining the signature smooth EvenFlow feel.

Sounds like the perfect fit!

I'm asking for some help in choosing some drivers shafts for my Cobra SZ and my Callaway Mavrik SZ. I'm looking for some options besides what I already have on the current shafts on both drivers. I know nothing about the driver shafts currently out there, hence my asking for some help. Here are the current parameters I'm looking for in the shafts.

Flex - Stiff
Length - 45.5
Launch - Mid-High
Spin - Mid - Low
Weight - 65 grams

Nut, I have the Riptide (60g) and EvenFlow Blue (65g) in stiff if you would like to try them.

Nut, I have the Riptide (60g) and EvenFlow Blue (65g) in stuff if you would like to try them.
Winning! Hope I found you the perfect shaft!

Flex - Stiff
Length - 45.5
Launch - Mid-High
Spin - Mid - Low
Weight - 65 grams

What’s your swing average speed, carry & 150yd club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nut, I have the Riptide (60g) and EvenFlow Blue (65g) in stiff if you would like to try them.

Tempting, can I let you know in a few days or so?

What’s your swing average speed, carry & 150yd club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swing speed when measured at CC was around 84 mph and carry I'm not sure anymore. Haven't been on a course lately for obvious reasons. 150 yd club would be 7i, i hit it between 150 & 160 yds. I know with my swing speed I should be using R flex but I still prefer S flex.

Last edited:
Swing speed when measured at CC was around 84 mph and carry I'm sure anymore. Haven't been on a course lately for obvious reasons. 150 yd club would be 7i, i hit it between 150 & 160 yds. I know with my swing speed I should be using R flex but I still prefer S flex.
I'm going on a limb but with the <90 swing speed you could probably pick up yards with a lighter stiff shaft. Any reason you want the 65g?

UST Elements Chrome is the one I’m using and liking the results so far. Check out the reviews on here about the characteristics.

This one looks interesting, I'll have to keep it in mind. (y)

Building off the success of the original EvenFlow, EvenFlow Riptide is designed with improved stability that builds on the widely successful “even bend” profile to provide unmatched feel and maximum energy transfer. Riptide is a mid spin/launch design and features Torsional Stability Optimization which allows for an extremely stable shaft while maintaining the signature smooth EvenFlow feel.

Sounds like the perfect fit!

I've been considering the Riptide for awhile now, the decision which driver would it go on? Maybe the Callaway?

I've been considering the Riptide for awhile now, the decision which driver would it go on? Maybe the Callaway?
Absolutely. The THPer has the Callaway adapter the lighter shaft would increase swing speed.

I'm going on a limb but with the <90 swing speed you could probably pick up yards with a lighter stiff shaft. Any reason you want the 65g?

Hadn't considered that, it is worth some thought.

That's what I was fitted to at CC back in December. Doesn't mean I can't try it though. ;)

Vote for the Evenflow Blue and Lin-Q Purple

What are the current shafts you have? And what are you looking for that would be different from what you're getting with those?

I just ask because there's so little to go on. And do you want it to be a brand new offering?

+1 on the evenflow blue over the riptide, but for some reason with the numbers you gave I wanted to hand you the Riptide CB 60 6.0 I have a few feet away from me. My buddy swings his 7 about that same speed and he hits the heck out of my Mavrik SZ with that shaft.

That's what I was fitted to at CC back in December. Doesn't mean I can't try it though. ;)
Interesting Considering the stats and swing.

Every single Oban and VA Shaft ever made is mid/high launch and low/mid spin hahaha

Seriously though, what's your swing like? Steep, shallow, aggressive, smooth, slow, fast, etc

Back