Please help me get back to scratch...

InHartWeTrust

Ball Go Far.
Reaction score
Handicap
4-5ish
Well, lets be honest...those years are long gone. That said, I'm working to get back to a consistent game in the low single digits. Last year wasn't a great one for my game and I need to work to get things back in line :banghead:

Below are 4 driver videos from my range session today. Pardon a few mistakes I made in filming (not being 100% head on and having the camera a touch lower than hand level on the DTL view)...today was my first day using my tripod on the range, I will clean those up going forward. I would really appreciate if you could call out the main things(s) that stand out as being "off" for me to work on -- open to drill suggestions too, or I can find my own.

I'm working hard to get my game back this year and this would be extremely helpful for me early in the season. I've come to terms with the fact that I need to work on my swing, it's not just going to magically go back to what it once was. If you'd like to see any additional videos, please let me know and I will get them later this week when I head back to the range. Thanks!

DTL # 1 (Good result, slightly left of target):

DTL # 2 (Good result):

Head On # 1 (Good result):

Head on #2 (Bad result, typical high right miss):

There looks to be a lot more lateral movement of your upper body in the second head on video (high right miss), than in the other videos. Other than that, not seeing much to pick on.

There looks to be a lot more lateral movement of your upper body in the second head on video (high right miss), than in the other videos. Other than that, not seeing much to pick on.

Thanks for the feedback, I see it too. I'm going to throw them up side-by-side in V1 and see if I can identify triggers of the slide. My follow through at the high point also looks "off" to me like I'm getting myself out of plane but I can't figure out how/where. Hoping Freddie will be able to chime in.

To my eyes, I'm sliding too much (a lot of lateral head movement) on both videos...it's just noticeably worse on the high right miss video.

Thanks for the feedback, Jaymo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fluidness and balance in your swing is solid. Your tempo is quick and your turn behind the ball is great. The width you are getting is pretty rare especially since you maintain it throughout the swing.

I think you'd get more consistency if you narrowed your stance. You're driving off your toe instead of your instep. I really think this would give you more space to take advantage of that width you have in your swing. The uncoiling of the swing would be more powerful and more consistent. I also think this will keep the club in front of you and make your release more consistent.

Thanks for the feedback, I see it too. I'm going to throw them up side-by-side in V1 and see if I can identify triggers of the slide. My follow through at the high point also looks "off" to me like I'm getting myself out of plane but I can't figure out how/where. Hoping Freddie will be able to chime in.

To my eyes, I'm sliding too much (a lot of lateral head movement) on both videos...it's just noticeably worse on the high right miss video.

Thanks for the feedback, Jaymo!

For what it's worth, you're looking at something that is not there.

Brilliant, thanks for the detailed feedback, Tad. Can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

I always struggle with a quick tempo so I'll continue to work on reining that in and I'll narrow the stance down, with a focus on what/where is driving my leg drive.

You nailed on keeping the club in front of me...my recurring issue is getting it "lost behind me".

For what it's worth, you're looking at something that is not there.

On the sliding? Or getting off plane during my follow through?

Back