Please tell me no one would fall for this

julie_m

EveryoneLovesACallyGirl
Reaction score
This is a real email Josh got sent today. It's so awesome, I love it. At the same time though, I'm disturbed...please tell me no one would actually do this?!

Good Day
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 4:49 PM
"CASCO GRUPO SEGURIDAD" <cascogrupo@lottery.com>
To:
undisclosed-recipients

CASCO GRUPO SEGURIDAD S.A ESPAÑA
ROMANO N*19 PLANTA 5
28011 MADRID SPAIN.
Direct Phone 0034-699-049-083
26th November,2008.

Good Day,

We were contacted a couple of hours ago by the Lottery Board Commission(LBC) regarding the release of your winnings and according to their statement they have finally released your winnings,with all the necessary documents that back the transaction including your winning check of $950,000.00(Nine Hundred And Fifty Thousand Dollars),which were submitted in our office on behalf of the paying bank.

The Lottery Board Commission(LBC) has decided to forward your USD$950,000.00 directly into your bank account. As a result of this development,you are to mail the following information to our Senior Accountant,Mr Barry Wellington on his email address validationofficerbarry@gmail.com

1.First Name
2.Last Name
3.Name of Bank
4.Type of account operated(savings/current)
5.Account Number
6.City
7.Zip Code
8.Country
9.Tel/Mobile Number
10.Current email address

Yours Sincerely
Dr Anthonio Gonzalez.

I get 5 of those a day and have for 10 years.

They had an entire episode on 20/20 or 60 minutes I forget, but it was all about those emails. It's a very popular scam right now, and the scary part is tons of people actually fall for it.

1.First Name
2.Last Name
3.Name of Bank
4.Type of account operated(savings/current)
5.Account Number
6.City
7.Zip Code
8.Country
9.Tel/Mobile Number
10.Current email address

Yours Sincerely
Dr Anthonio Gonzalez.

Seems pretty legit to me. I mean, he is a Doctor.:act-up:

I get 5 of those a day and have for 10 years.

Gee--I don't get those at all. Must not be popular.

I just get guaranteed hot stock tips.

:roll: My Josh.

Or, should I say, "Undisclosed recipients."

Man, if I had a dollar for everytime I was told I won the EURO LOTTERY, I'd probably have about 127 bucks...hehe

Usually the elderly.

The elderly people in my family can barely manage email. At least the message Julie sent was in correct English, with no misspellings.

That does sound very convincing for stupid people. and because they see such a large number with a $ sign infront of it they bite.

Darwin strikes again?

Darwin strikes again?

LOL...this is Darwin.

Accused drunk driver ends up running over himself

Tue Nov 25, 8:16 pm ET

SANTA FE, N.M. – A 21-year-old man was accused of driving drunk and leading police on a chase that finally ended with him running over himself. The man was treated for minor injuries at a Santa Fe hospital and booked in to the Sandoval County detention center on charges of aggravated driving while intoxicated, fleeing a police officer, careless driving and two other outstanding traffic warrants.

A tip to the state's DrunkBuster hot line Sunday afternoon alerted authorities to a possibly drunken driver.

State Police Officer Grace Romero spotted the man's pickup truck swerving across both lanes of a highway, driving slowly and then fast. He refused to stop.

After narrowly missing other vehicles, police said the suspect drove through a ditch and a barbed-wire fence before stopping. He tried to put the truck into park, but it ended up in reverse.

Police said the man fell from his open door and both of his legs were run over by the front driver's side tire.

You just can't make this stuff up, can you? An old friend of mine started his career as a crime reporter in Denver. He had an entire file folder labelled, "Criminals are Stupid."

Back