Please tell me what is wrong with so many of us.

It just means you can share your gently used sets with others all while getting shiny new sticks!

As a golf nerd / internet golfer, will anything ever be enough?

Probably not. I’m ready for my fitting on new Apex irons coming up! 😂

I bought 2 new sets last year, I impulse purchased the Hogans on Thursday

Oh wait

Shiny and new is the best

I did the same on Thursday, but at least I fought the impulse for 2 years. I could hold on no longer.

Gluttons for punishment. Just always striving to get better and think that next piece will be it.

Lots or reason.

it is a hobby and new things are fun.

We like the game and think something new will help us improve just that little bit.

Marketing works.

we hang out in a forum where we are all talk about the new stuff all the time. Why? See reasons one and two.

Gluttons for punishment. Just always striving to get better and think that next piece will be it.

You’re telling me it’s not!

... what about the one after that?😆

I thought I was at peace with my 565s and Sub70s... Then I hit a 19 apex pro :banghead::banghead::banghead:

You're good too, Craig. No worries.

Heck - I bought a Ring camera so I could watch the delivery people put long boxes on my porch over, and over, and over.

nothing wrong with you....hell, the in-laws are closing on a place in Florida on a golf course....so that has resulted in me duplicating my gamers and hunting for deals lol.

We're all enablers friends here. Nothing is wrong with you:D

Because marketing is a science, and it's very effective.

I know exactly how you are feeling regarding the apex pros. I literally have a new set of jpx 921 forged irons sitting just waiting to be hit & I’m trying to find an excuse why I need to buy the apex pros? There’s nothing wrong with you @Tenputt they are haunting me too. I even tried to scratch the itch by buying the epic max LS driver but that didn’t work. I still have to get the pros

I play with alot of players who's bag contains 20 to 30 year old clubs, and money in the bank. I believe their game would benefit with some newer clubs, but they are,, excuse the wording (as i have been corrected many times.. tightwads..) they say "thrifty." They must not.. 1)be on the internet, or 2) never heard of 'hackers paradise'. >>> Where dreams are created.

nothing wrong with you....hell, the in-laws are closing on a place in Florida on a golf course....so that has resulted in me duplicating my gamers and hunting for deals lol.
I can't even imagine if I had to buy two sets of everything just in case they are the one.

My daughter is in Florida, I put together a second bag to leave at her place. I just haven’t had a chance to bring them there as I haven’t been able to travel.

Depends where you are at on the golf consumer Ferris Wheel of fun.

Stage 1 - Delusion: You actually believe the next product will slash your handicap by 10. MUST BUY!
Stage 2 - Addiction: You know the clubs won't change your life or scores, yet you simply MUST HAVE!
Stage 3 - Fun: You no longer care if the equipment improves your game, you just enjoy showing it off and talking about it with others. MUST OWN!
Stage 4 - Resentment: Nobody is impressed anymore. You look back at the $12k you've spent on golf gear, your handicap which is now 7 strokes higher than when you started, and the latest marketing pitches from the OEMs and you say "Not falling for it this time, WILL NOT BUY".
Stage 5 - Repeat: After a brief hiatus you find yourself back to Stage 1 to start all over again.

I don't judge. I've been spending money I don't have, to buy equipment I don't need, to impress people I've never met for years. I think I'm somewhere in Stage 5 lol.

Looking and feeling cool has its cost...I am close to $3k this past year for the clubs that I actually use.

Back