Very cool! I may have to head to Dollar Tree this weekend to hook Adam up. He'd be pretty pumped if I brought some home.
it's awesome. No shiny guarantee, but it seems like every few packs pay out, so it's fun to watch them open with some potential for reward. Considering the regular packs are around four bucks, it seems like a great price.

...especially with kids who don't know any better hahahaha

Reactions: KEV
My 6 year old loves Pokemon, with that said we have no idea how to play it, my wife and I found some directions somewhere and it was like 20+ pages, were like nope! Good thing is my son just plays the cards like war so it not too bad and luckily it seems that is has faded out over the last month. He still likes it but nothing like it was.

We have the Pokemon game for the Nintendo Switch, that was a present from last Easter. The boys hadn’t played it much until about a week ago. Now they like playing it together. And they have the special pokeball controllers which make it more fun. As a bonus you can take your Pokémon for a walk and it gives builds up their experience points when they get put back into the game. Today, we’re walking Charmander and Mew.

wife officially has a pokemon go account, which Cal has fully taken over hahaha
I've added a second account to get them extra gifts (read: pokemon balls).

It's been a blast playing it with them, as weird as it sounds. And it's slowing down our need to open packs, which is a money saver for sure!

Another weekend, another 20 1 dollar packs from the Dollar Tree for Cal hahaha

Kid pulls a 16 dollar card out of one of them. YES!

1586057924904.png

I remember when this Pokemon Go thing started. I guess it was good for something. It got the lazy people up off their arses "chasing" Pokemon. I remember there were people trying to figure out a way to get onto the AF base where I lived/worked to get those things. Amazing what boundaries people will consider breaking for amusement.

When the Pokémon Go rage hit a few years back it led to some weirdness in our housing development.

We had at least one middle aged guy hanging out in his car near houses. essentially what looked like he was watching little kids play. When a parent confronted him about it and told him to get the F out of here he claimed he lived in the development next to ours and was playing Pokémon Go.

he never showed back up thankfully. Never knew the truth but it left a bad taste in my mouth when it came to the game. Creepy

When the Pokémon Go rage hit a few years back it led to some weirdness in our housing development.

We had at least one middle aged guy hanging out in his car near houses. essentially what looked like he was watching little kids play. When a parent confronted him about it and told him to get the F out of here he claimed he lived in the development next to ours and was playing Pokémon Go.

he never showed back up thankfully. Never knew the truth but it left a bad taste in my mouth when it came to the game. Creepy

Cops started patrolling our local park after dark because people were going there to play Pokémon (maybe). Stunk for me because I (used to) run laps in the park even if it’s after dark.

I used to collect the cards with my youngest brother when they first came out. We even had a bunch from Japan. Now my kids are into collecting the cards too so it’s been fun. I don’t know 95% of the new Pokémon out there though. I’ve found that buying the tins or poke balls with packs inside to be the way to go. We use the time and balls to store the cards or other toys. The shiny and rare cards I organized into a folder for them.

Kids are really into video games now so we’ve been playing the Pokémon card game online. Every pack you buy has one of those scan code cards in it that you can redeem online for a “pack” of virtual cards. The kids love opening packs online as much as in real life it seems. I used to play Magic as a teen and I’ve found this to be pretty similar. while learning how to play for them I actually found myself having a good time. Now, I’m building my own decks online and playing, sometimes even without the kids around haha

I meant to add that you should try out the online game with your kid @Canadan it may be another way to help out the wallet haha

I meant to add that you should try out the online game with your kid @Canadan it may be another way to help out the wallet haha
ahhh man!!! I've pondered it a bunch, but for now we're avoiding.
PoGo is awesome, and I actually added Let's Go Eevee to the switch lineup so we play that a bit too.

If I play any more Pokemon at this point, I may lose my mind haha

Kind of a weird thread for a 35 year old to start (maybe :ROFLMAO:), but I'm absolutely curious what thoughts are around here on the trading card game, as well as the variants out there.

Last weekend, we spent some time with friends who have a 6 year old absolutely all in on Pokemon (movies and collecting cards). My Son Cal was instantly hooked after he gave him a Charmander and a Pikachu, and since then, we've begun his collection. I spent the next couple days trying to learn how to play it, and realized it's pretty tough for a four year old. That said, Pokemon Go is a mobile game that has been around for a couple years now, and this weekend Cal and I went around hunting and capturing them, and he LOVES it. Kind of cool that 'collect them all' is just as viable as actually playing the card game.

I have a feeling this will be a big part of my life for a while haha. Anyone else collect as a kid/current, or play pokemon with their kids?
I used to play a fair amount with my niece who was really into it for awhile. It's actually a good game which involves a fair amount of strategy. While she's outgrown the game now, my sons are starting to enter that range, so I'll be holding onto my cards. I'm preferrential to working the fire element into my deck (Charizard and Arcanine in particular).

I used to play a fair amount with my niece who was really into it for awhile. It's actually a good game which involves a fair amount of strategy. While she's outgrown the game now, my sons are starting to enter that range, so I'll be holding onto my cards. I'm preferrential to working the fire element into my deck (Charizard and Arcanine in particular).
I think we're about 5 years away from any real potential. Right now he just likes catching them and playing Pokemon War with me haha

Spent a couple hours out with the fam tonight on Pokemon Go. Wife is kind of getting into it more and more which is pretty entertaining.

We did some raids (remote raiding is kind of awesome as an addition) and caught some shiny mons. Cal gets SO loud and so fired up when he sees one hahaha

I remember playing Pokémon on my game boy when it first came out. Looooved it. I bought Pokémon Sun on DS a couple years back to play on some trips. Ended up getting a switch, but haven’t purchased anything Pokémon for it yet.

Wife and I enjoyed PoGo when it first came out, then tapered off. Well last night on a walk with her, she asked if we should download it again.
So I’m back on that wagon (had to start over since I couldn’t remember login credentials). Feel free to add me on PoGo if anyone wants: Tortato19

I remember playing Pokémon on my game boy when it first came out. Looooved it. I bought Pokémon Sun on DS a couple years back to play on some trips. Ended up getting a switch, but haven’t purchased anything Pokémon for it yet.

Wife and I enjoyed PoGo when it first came out, then tapered off. Well last night on a walk with her, she asked if we should download it again.
So I’m back on that wagon (had to start over since I couldn’t remember login credentials). Feel free to add me on PoGo if anyone wants: Tortato19
My wife and I actually did the same thing yesterday! Not sure how to add via username but here’s my “trainer code”. 6914 3765 8449

We have a trainer down! I repeat, a trainer down hahaha

D5AE11A7-9F86-4A91-B403-B192E102C4BB.jpeg

looks like it’s back to the iPad for a bit for little man while I get this bad boy fixed haha

And hopefully the little trainer is ok!
haha, a bit of a bloody nose and incredibly sad about the phone, but he's a champ. Dusted, fed, and on to more catching with the iPad (which sucks by the way :LOL:)

Back