Poker Night: What Kinda Card Games Do You Favor?

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
When you go over to a friends house for a night of poker, what games do you like to play? Some of the games I favor are 5 card stud, 3 or 5 card bet of get out. Not a big fan of baseball. But generally just like to get out , have a couple of beers and enjoy the night with some friends.

Usually it's always hold em or Omaha for us. We mix in a round of Left Right Center every 2 times around the deal too.

Here in my subdivision, we have poker night every Thursday. The games vary a lot. From straight up 5 card or Texas Hold'em or Omaha to
baseball, root beer, Dr. Pepper or some games with 2 winners...best hand worst hand.

Usually just hold em.. my grandma (she does penny, nickel, dime bets ?) likes to play follow the queen, or some sort of cross game

I helped found and develop a local home game on Monday nights. We've been playing together going on 15 years now or so. Dedicated scoring system, tournament style, NL holdem with a year end tournament based on overall results throughout the year. At our peak, we had 22 to 24 folks a night playing.

hold em, though it's been years since I've played consistently.

Back