Poll: Better with or Without Fans?

Pro golf tournaments....

• Better with fans.

• Better without fans.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sandy

Definitely without. It won't stay that way any longer than they have to just because of the profits to be made from fans, but it's a much better tv watching experience.

I like the tv experience without. I do miss the roars though. Masters will/would be weird without.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tough choice for me. Both have there advantages. I love the crowds though.

i think the masters and the ryder cup are the 2 events that come to mind that are better with fans. every tournament i've watched since the "return to golf" (plus the 2 charity events - not sure what the spectator plan was for these pre-covid anyway) has been markedly better from a TV viewing standpoint.

With fans 100%. I’ll take the roars with the mashed potatoes every single time.

You mean continuing to live our "normal" lives? Fans all the way.

"There is golf—and there is tournament golf. And they are not at all alike, inside”
-Bobby Jones

I’ve been enjoying it without personally. I think they should play out the year without and then hopefully bring them back next year

I like the tv experience without. I do miss the roars though. Masters will/would be weird without.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I feel the same way. I love the way it is without the fans while watching on TV. Also, love the fact there's no huge grandstands to bounce long shots off of. But, I do miss the roars and atmosphere huge crowds make. Both have their pros and cons.

With fans 100%. I’ll take the roars with the mashed potatoes every single time.

Yes for fans. However, Mashed Potatoes, Baba Booey, and Get in the Hole guy should continue to self quarantine.

If these gys are showing up in my town I want to see them live and in person. Sunshine, cold beer, it's too much fun.

Yes for fans. However, Mashed Potatoes, Baba Booey, and Get in the Hole guy should continue to self quarantine.
Now that would be sweet!

Love the game with fans. Makes it so much more fun and brings more energy to the course. It translates to golfers feeding off the energy and getting hyped.

i mean, i don't want anyone else to be there...but i'd like to be there. guess that's a vote for no fans?

Love the game with fans. Makes it so much more fun and brings more energy to the course. It translates to golfers feeding off the energy and getting hyped.
I always wonder, if you could talk confidentially and off-record to the Tour pros to get their true feelings, how many of them would say that they like it better without fans? Of course it wouldn't be politically correct for them to say it out loud, but I can't help but wonder if they secretly don't miss all the mouth-breathers yelling stupid things, people in the gallery trash-talking them, cameras/cell phones going off while they're swinging, etc. It would be interesting to know if they truly preferred the roar of the crowds and all that hoopla over being able to go out there and play their game with minimal distractions.

I always wonder, if you could talk confidentially and off-record to the Tour pros to get their true feelings, how many of them would say that they like it better without fans? Of course it wouldn't be politically correct for them to say it out loud, but I can't help but wonder if they secretly don't miss all the mouth-breathers yelling stupid things, people in the gallery trash-talking them, cameras/cell phones going off while they're swinging, etc. It would be interesting to know if they truly preferred the roar of the crowds and all that hoopla over being able to go out there and play their game with minimal distractions.

That is a great point. And yes, we will never know the true answer to that as it would hurt the game if guys came out and said, "yeah, the fans are the worst". I guess I was thinking about other sports and the enjoyment that a true athlete gets playing and dominating in front of cheering fans. As a former athlete I know I enjoyed it although I never played any organized golf on a team.

Right now I'm enjoying no fans but I hope they can come back soon. I don't want to imagine Sunday without the roar of fans. Could you imagine if Tiger would have won the Masters with no fans? They need to be there eventually

I think it's a better watch on TV without fans, but they will be back as soon as feasible

So far without. But... if you could remove the imbeciles that need to shout/scream stupid comments then it would be with fans.

either way, not having golf on for a period of time means I will hopefully enjoy whatever form it is in.

Both. Like watching on tv without, but also miss seeing how pumped the players get when they make a huge shot & the crowd goes wild.

Without, I think it makes it a better game. Hit a shot off line and you are punished more as you don't find your ball in the trampled rough now, but in the deep stuff

I wonder if they can brin gback fans but have them further away from the edge of the fairways, thus making it like it is currently so to speak

It’s different and enjoyable without fans but golf is way better with fans or patrons at the Masters.

I have been watching more without. Just a better experience without sauced up idiots yelling stupid stuff.

Back