Poll: Better with or Without Fans?

Pro golf tournaments....

• Better with fans.

• Better without fans.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think the Masters would be different without fans, but the fans at the Masters are so much more behaved

I like it better with the fans. It just seems dead out there without them.

I'm looking forward to the day of fans but not because it is better golf. Watching on TV I don't notice a huge difference. What I like is that the playing field is more equal with no fans. So when someones ball goes wrong no fan is there to help it back into play or move boulders or anything else.

Pace seems to be a lot faster without fans.

I voted against, maybe if the fans were able to control their need to yell out "in the hole" on every shot, I might be persuaded back to having live fans. Next, lets cut down on how much the announcers feel they have to talk.

Next, No fans, and let the Pros that want to play music, have it....and see how many b*tch

I like it better without because the game seems simpler and more pure and you get to actually see the course, instead of just seeing crowds everywhere. That and at least now you dont have the drunk idiots yelling after every tee shot. Mashed potatoes guy or the guy who yells, "get in the hole" on a tee shot on a par 5 was funny the first time but now its just stupid.

With, it just seems like practice without, no pressure, the fans make it a real competition IMO.

I think the nicest part is no stupid in the hole or mashed potatoes, but also like seeing the courses without the grandstands. i like the natural look of these courses. no crowds means you get to see all of the course.

Absolutely better with fans. As a TV viewer it really doesn't matter too much. But the energy and excitement seems to be greater when there are fans. Golf is low key enough as it is. With no gallery it is REALLY low key.

I like hearing the commentary by the players and caddies way more than hearing the roars in most instances.

I said this on Twitter but I like having the crowds for majors so you can get that craziness and intensity but no crowds for regular events so you can get a little more insight by hearing the players and caddies.

Back