Poll: Does your spouse or significant other play golf?

Poll: Does your spouse or significant other play golf?

• Total voters

KellyBo

Golf, Have Fun or Quit!
Reaction score
Poll: Does your spouse/significant other play golf?

We have talked about getting her involved in the game, but my efforts always come up short. Maybe GG can turn the tide in Orlando in May.

My girlfriend will usually go to the course 2 times a week during the summer, whether it be range or playing a round. She's naturally athletic and picked it up pretty easily.

I'm lucky she plays and loves to play. Joining a mixed dutch league this year.

That sounds like fun!

I can't wait KB. She is as excited as I am. I love the format and the fact that we get to compete as a team.

My wife has clubs...but usually plays around 1 time a year be it 9 holes or a trip to the range

My wife refuses to play. she thinks golf is the most boring sport in the world.

My wife plays every chance she gets.

My wife has clubs and plays 3 or 4 times a year, mostly with related outings.
She can actually hit the ball pretty wool at times, but just is not that interested in golf.

Can I vote haven't found her yet?

She likes to come with me to the course read a book on her iPad , talk to squirrels as she says, but that's about it

Nope, and has no interest to either. Said she played once and was so bad that she stopped half way through. I've suggested she try again, but she seems content doing her own thing when she has her free time. It works out well because a good friend of mine's wife also has no desire to play and she is very good friends with my wife. When we go places, the girls do their thing and the guys do theirs.

She plays but not often. She is actually pretty good based on how much she plays and I am sure would be really good if she focused on it. I think it's more my fault than hers that she doesn't play a lot, I am playing on the weekends with friends and my league so me taking her out to a par 3 is hard. I think I am going to try to make more of an effort this year to take her out more and get her to a point where she would want to play with her friends and have confidence.

My wife used to play, more and better than me as a matter of fact, but has lost interest and has really no desire to get into it. But I'm ok with that, she has her won interests and I have mine.

She definitely does! More than 10 times a year!

More than 10X per year.

My wife took up the game this past summer so she could get out there with me and our daughter. She said last weekend that she was ready for warm weather so we could go play.

Yep, but only infrequently, and she usually only makes it through 6 or 7 holes before she gets a little bored/tired and starts doing some serious hand/foot wedging haha.

Surprised by the results so far.

More than 10 times per year. In fact it takes two herniated discs and surgery to get her off the course! :D It won't be long though and she'll be back.:bananadance::blob::clapp::golf2::guitar::golf::in-love::thumb:

My ex played on the golf team in high school so she was a fairly decent player. She got pretty mad when she would start hitting bad shots so I tried to avoid golfing with her as much as I possibly could. I know it sounds terrible but it isn't enjoyable for me to play with people like that.

My wife & I started lessons together and played a few times with me. She stopped taking lessons and playing for the most part. She'll play a few holes here & there but will mostly read a book or ride the cart with me.

Yes and she is getting to be a bit of an addict too which is great news as when she buys something I get to do the same thing without getting any grief for it. She progressed great last year and managed to achieve all of the goals she set for herself.

She is straight of the tee and more than not hits the fairway, once she was a bit miffed after missing one and only then by a foot to the right, hitting it would of giving her 100% for the round. No pleasing some people.

Chipping and putting are her downfall, but the amount of putting practice she has done this winter could mean she will be giving me a run for my money this year.

She doesn't play yet. but when we travel to vegas this fall maybe i can get her interested in the game.

Back